How is it in a main battle tank
Tank in the basement of a property: Trial begins in Kiel
From May 28th, a pensioner must answer who stashed a tank and many war weapons on his property on the Kiel Fjord. He is accused of violating the War Weapons Control Act.
This news actually went around the world at the time: A man from Heikendorf (Plön district) is bunkering a "Panther" battle tank on his property. Among others, the "New York Times", "USA Today", "Le Parisien", "BBC News", "Télé Bruxelles" and "New Zealand Herald" reported as the heavy vehicle of war as part of investigations by the public prosecutor in mid-2015 Basement of the villa in the posh Heikendorfer district of Kitzeberg was recovered. In addition, the investigators found an anti-aircraft cannon, a torpedo, mortar, machine and assault rifles, semi and fully automatic pistols and more than 1,500 rounds of ammunition. Around six years later, the trial against the now 84-year-old man is set to start before the Kiel district court. According to a court spokesman, the main hearing will begin on May 28th, and after further meetings the verdict could be announced in early July.
Only one weapon of war still functional?
At the heart of the procedure is the question of whether the tank and the weapons hoarded by the owner were functional. According to the public prosecutor's office, the investigation into this was very time-consuming. Extensive reports have been obtained. An assessment by the Federal Office for Export Controls had shown after the recovery of the tank that essential parts of the vehicle are still intact and therefore fall under the War Weapons Control Act. However, according to a spokesman, the Kiel district court initially came to a different assessment. Based on several expert opinions obtained by the court, the 7th criminal division assumes that "only the seized anti-aircraft gun can still be a weapon of war". Violations of the War Weapons Control Act are punishable by a minimum of one year and a maximum of five years in prison.
Possibly talks about a "deal"
Heikendorf: The tank has been restored
A restorer in Solingen restored the tank that had been confiscated in Heikendorf about 30 years ago. The mechanic got the "Panther Version G" up and running again. 3 min
Attorney Gerald Goecke sees himself "largely confirmed by the opening decision of the criminal chamber". According to earlier statements by the defense, the pieces collected are "demilitarized historical-museum objects that do not meet the criteria of a war weapon". Goecke now sees, according to his own statements, a good basis "for any legal talks in which the possibility of an amicable procedural design could be discussed".
The tank was found during a police search, which was actually about Nazi art. It took just under 20 soldiers around nine hours to get the vehicle, which weighs around 40 tons, out of the house and push it onto a low-loader. This was only possible thanks to two armored recovery vehicles, specially built wooden ramps and sweat-inducing precision work at midsummer temperatures.
Collector's item or weapon of war?
It was in a scrap-ripe condition. Then the old battle tank was refurbished. When it was salvaged from a villa basement in July 2015, the question was: is it a collector's item or a weapon of war? Picture gallery
Heikendorfer Panzer: The way to the cellar
Dangerous weapon of war or just a collector's item? The public prosecutor's office is investigating a Heikendorfer because he had a tank in the house. NDR.de explains how he got there. more
A man and his toys
An old tank that a Kiel collector had stored in his basement has kept the police busy for days. Peter Zudeick asks for a word in his gloss. more
This topic in the program:
News for Schleswig-Holstein | 05/18/2021 | 17:00 o'clock
- My maid steals my medication
- What is the best Canadian ski vacation
- Have you ever seen a black Asian
- Which countries have summer in December
- Why are rabbits nocturnal animals
- How do I correct the forward head posture
- Who is your best Indian celebrity chef
- Which is hard concrete or brick
- What is the array of objects memory
- How hard is life in New Delhi
- Why do I always get sick
- What is meant by new generation banks?
- What actually happened in the Kargil War
- Does laughing gas actually make you laugh
- Why are some people not interested in business?
- What makes Juuling addicting?
- Did you help someone today?
- Is Japan a forgotten country
- What do boomers need
- What products kill fleas naturally
- How are the income tax brackets calculated
- How to cook a traditional Mexican dinner
- Why do the Chinese think they are smart?
- What gospels were written by eyewitnesses?
- Web developer, what is your annual salary
- Who invented smartphones
- Saving makes you rich
- How many seconds are there in a year
- Is currency deflation such a bad thing
- Works GoFundMe in Nigeria
- Why love marriage is mostly unsuccessful
- Can i own land in china
- What is normal quality of sleep
- How is China different