Why did Moses flee Egypt
Moses flees to Midian
At the time when Moses was growing up, he went out to his brothers and saw their bondage and saw an Egyptian beating one of his Hebrew brothers.
12Then he looked around in all directions, and when he saw that there was no one there, he slew the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.
The next day he went out again and saw two Hebrew men arguing with one another and said to the one who was wrong, "Why do you strike your neighbor?"
14But he said, Who made you our overseer or judge? Do you want to kill me like you killed the Egyptian? Then Moses was afraid and said, How is this known?
15And it came before Pharaoh; he sought to kill Moses. But Moses fled from Pharaoh and stayed in the land of Midian. And he sat down by a well.
16And the priest in Midian had seven daughters; who came to draw water and filled the gutters to give water to their father's sheep.
17So shepherds came and drove them away. But Moses got up and helped them, and watered their sheep.
18And when they came to Reguël their father, he said, Why did you come so soon this day?
19They said, An Egyptian man stood by us against the shepherds, and drew for us and watered the sheep.
20He said to his daughters, Where is he? Why did you leave the man outside? Invite him to eat with us.
21And Moses consented to stay with the man. And he gave Moses his daughter Zipporah to wife.
22She gave birth to a son, and he called his name Gershom; for, said he, I have become a stranger in a strange land.
23But after a long time the king of Egypt died. And the Israelites groaned and cried for their bondage, and their cry for their bondage came before God.
24And God heard their lamentations, and remembered his covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
25And God looked upon the Israelites and took care of them.
- What classifies you as a musical genius
- Can I trust guaranteed hackers
- How much do lawyers litigate
- You can consume fish and milk together
- How important is political correctness
- I can share my secrets with you
- Why is my friend kissing my feet
- Can a snake kill a rabbit
- Is Australia good for civil engineers
- Why can't Taiwan be like Hong Kong?
- Which Marvel superhero is the most realistic
- Does technology really help build relationships
- How true and accurate are polls to quit
- Can CIA employees go out with foreigners?
- Is it hard to be a teenager
- How exactly does the Indian economy work
- Haydn wrote another cello concerto
- What is the re-incarceration rate?
- Why is PewDiePie still allowed on YouTube
- Was Roger Federer ever booed
- How do the Japanese see the Taiwanese
- Which food reminds you of your spouse
- Are there users on Quora from Indonesia
- Why do Chinese tourists like Germany?