The police can break into your home
Tips: How do I secure my apartment against break-ins?
The classic: the alarm system
"A burglar alarm system, or more popularly an alarm system, can be a useful addition to the mechanical protection," says Schmidt. If the system sounds the alarm, the burglar usually takes flight without stealing anything. The alarm system also prevents the residents from running into the intruder's arms when they get home.
But: The technical expansion is not a must, says Schmidt. The installation is always an individual decision. Residents can also seek advice from the police on this subject.
The alarm system should definitely be installed by a specialist. Otherwise the device may not work properly or trigger false alarms. Here, too, it makes sense to obtain offers from various companies.
Extras: cameras and safes
If you don't feel safe enough with an alarm system, you can invest in various extras. "With a door intercom, the resident can talk to the visitor first before letting him in," says Schmidt. This can be expanded with a camera in the entrance area.
A more economical addition is a timer for the lighting: it automatically switches the light on and off and thus simulates that the resident is at home. A timer can also be attached for the roller shutters.
If you want to secure expensive valuables such as heirlooms or cash, you can buy a wall safe with a number code.
Guard your home with your smartphone
Smart home solutions are still quite young. They usually combine several products, including cameras, motion detectors and sirens, which can be controlled via an app on the smartphone. The resident can see that everything is going all day long via a live stream.
The start-up Comfylight combines this trend with an intelligent light bulb: a motion sensor switches the lamp on automatically when a family member comes into the room.
"The light bulb remembers the family's movement patterns and simulates them when nobody is at home," says Kathrina Baumann, an employee of the start-up. Should a stranger enter the house, the lamp immediately sends a message to the smartphone.
Always a topic: trick theft
Not every burglar breaks into the apartment or house by force. Scammers try to get into the home through an excuse to steal valuables. The perpetrators come up with tricks like these:
- Usually finish what you begin
- What lifestyle changes are you making today
- Why are horses so obedient
- The bond angle of CH4 is
- How much bigger is Karachi than Lahore
- Why is Martinique rum so terrible
- Can boys be bisexual
- Why doesn't olive oil go rancid
- Have you ever thought about suicide
- Which films will change my life?
- How is it in Kabul
- What is a poncho donut floss
- Are people from India black
- The government of Tamil Nadu will ban TASMAC
- How would you describe the South African cuisine
- In which department do undercover cops work
- Why is life so dangerous
- Have you ever regretted firing an employee?
- Is social work a job?
- How do you get rich in Africa
- Can a diabetic drink rum?
- Why are countries becoming tax havens
- What is the purpose of a resume
- Loose underwear is better for male health