What is the manufacturing process of cement
Along with water and aggregates, cement is one of the raw materials for concrete. The main components of cement are:
- Portland cement clinker (K)
A hydraulic substance that essentially consists of calcium silicates. Portland cement consists mainly of natural raw materials such as limestone, clay, sand and iron ore, which are burned into clinker and then ground with gypsum to form the finished cement.
- Slag sand (S)
When iron ore is smelted in a blast furnace, blast furnace slag is produced. The slag is quenched (granulated) with water. The result is a glassy solidified, latent hydraulic material that is ground to blast furnace slag.
- Natural pozzolans (P)
Powdered rock of volcanic origin, trass or sedimentary rock with a suitable chemical-mineralogical composition can react with dissolved calcium hydroxide and form hardenable compounds.
- High silica fly ash (V, W)
An artificial pozzolan is the fine-grained, vitreous combustion residue from coal dust, which is produced during exhaust gas cleaning in coal-fired power plants. Its properties depend on the nature and origin of the conditions of combustion.
- Burned Slate (T)
Made from natural oil shale. Slate is a sedimentary rock that occurs around the world.
A nice explanatory video from Heidelbergcement shows step by step how cement is made:
Expertise on the subject
Binders, additives and additives
BindersBinders are inorganic or organic substances that can be processed in the plastic state and that are ...
The water-cement value (w / c value) defines the ratio of water to cement in the cement paste of the fresh concrete: w / c = weight of the ...
Composition of concrete
Cement, water and aggregates are the raw materials for the building material. It can be adapted to the respective requirements by means of additives and substances.
Contact the Baunetz Wissen editorial team: [email protected]
BauNetz Wissen Beton sponsored by:
German cement and concrete industry represented by the
Information center concrete | Contact 0211 / 28048–1 | www.beton.org
- Feels like normal empty every day
- What is the difference between bullying and harassment?
- Do doctors look down on dentists
- What is the composition of linen
- How can I kill bad breath
- Is it possible to widen the anus
- How much sex counts in a relationship
- What is the staple food of Australia
- How well teachers know their students
- What is management by example
- Why shouldn't women serve in the military?
- Why should one use the binary number
- Have you ever proven otherwise to your boss?
- How does Shanghai compare to Taipei?
- How can a woman abuse her husband
- Where should I buy furniture online
- How can I set up a cooperative
- Which is the biggest port in India
- How many Americans live in Australia
- What is the minimum wage at Walmart
- Japanese houses are small
- Who is the best physical therapist in Australia
- What is the annual income of CA.
- What do other cultures think of Americans
- Life is a choice
- What was your best triathlon experience
- Which is the best horror series
- Should I use Spotify or SoundCloud?
- What are the regular ecommerce license costs
- What is a company secretary
- What is your unpopular opinion of friends
- Saturn can be seen with binoculars
- Young entrepreneurs How do I get out