What is GTA V Multiplayer
Grand Theft Auto Online
Grand Theft Auto Online
PS3, Xbox 360
October 1, 2013
PS4, Xbox One
15th November 2014
April 14, 2015
PS5, Xbox Series X
2nd half of 2021
GTA Online started on October 1, 2013 and had some technical problems at the launch. Most of the problems were resolved with a patch for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 4th, 2013. The PlayStation 3 currently has the GTA-V / GTA-Online-Patch 1.36 and the Xbox 360 the GTA-V- / GTA-Online-Patch 1.29. The latest patch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and the PC has version number 1.49.
Grand Theft Auto Online is a standalone multiplayer game and is included on disc and in the digital version of GTA V. In addition, GTA Online is free for owners of GTA V, but there are microtransactions with real currency, which, according to Rockstar Games, does not bring any imbalance into the game.
The first images of Grand Theft Auto Online were shown in the first official Grand Theft Auto V gameplay trailer (starting at 4:34 am).
Dan Houser justified the later release date one day before the start of Grand Theft Auto Online with the fact that one should play the single player first in order to find a good connection to the multiplayer mode afterwards.
The events of GTA Online take place six months before those from the story of Grand Theft Auto V.
It is possible for the player to create their own character using a character kit. Owners of the Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition can choose characters from older parts of the series as parents of their protagonist in the character creation process. This then affects its properties. Well-known characters who can serve as producers are Niko Bellic from Grand Theft Auto IV, as well as Claude and Misty from Grand Theft Auto III. Furthermore, John Marston, the protagonist from the rock star title Red Dead Redemption can also be selected as father.
The player is first picked up by Lamar at Los Santos International Airport and introduced to the world of GTA Online through a number of missions and can then earn money and reputation points (RP) through jobs such as robberies at bank branches or beverage shops and events. The money can be spent in the game on clothing, vehicles, up to 10 of which can be stored in a garage, and weapons and their upgrades. It is also possible to buy real estate and invite friends to visit it. Events such as races (on water, on land and in the air) or deathmatches take place, as well as mini-games such as arm wrestling. In addition, the player has the option of using the Content Creator provided by Rockstar Games to create their own races and deathmatches, to play them with friends or to make them available to other users. There are around 700 missions to complete in GTA Online. In addition to these events designed by Rockstar Games, players can move freely around the world, do whatever they want, and take advantage of all the possibilities that Grand Theft Auto V has to offer.
The crews known from Max Payne 3 are also returning, so that you can do jobs and events with crew members in the game or just hang out with them.
Rockstar Games will make new content available for GTA Online in the future so that the player doesn't get bored (missions, deathmatches, races, jobs, etc.).
Since September 10, 2015, new content has only been released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and the PC.
Rockstar Games will be releasing new content for GTA Online exclusively for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and PC starting in the second half of 2021. In addition, a standalone version of GTA Online will be released in the second half of 2021, which will be available to PlayStation 5 players for free for the first three months.
Features and trivia
- There is space for 16 players online on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live (30 players on the current-gen consoles and the PC).
- NPCs react to the language that a player emits. For example, if the player shouts into his headset during a robbery, his character's lips move in sync and the NPC reacts to it.
- If blood is smeared on you after robberies or other activities, you can remove it in the shower of your apartment (or that of a friend).
- There are planning rooms for the Heists in luxury apartments.
- During activities such as a tennis game, you are protected from attacks by other players (see also passive mode).
- Chases such as between players and the police can be watched live in the apartment on the TV. The broadcaster Weazel News broadcasts this live from the camera of a police helicopter on site.
- A player's character has its own skills.
- There is a passive mode in GTA Online. If you switch to these, you cannot be attacked by other players. The weapon wheel is deactivated in this mode.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online you meet characters from Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V such as Lamar.
- Purchased vehicles can be locked and are thus protected against theft by other players.
- If you take out insurance for your car, it will be replaced if it is destroyed. You have to call the insurance company for this.
- The color of a player's parachute is customizable.
- The Internet can be used in GTA Online.
- In GTA Online it is possible to place a bounty on other players.
- For missions you have a fixed number of "team lives". If this is zero, no more players are allowed to die, otherwise the mission has failed.
- Import / export missions are included.
- It is possible to share or exchange weapons, ammunition and money earned in missions with other players.
- You can wear a mask during a robbery. If you take them off after the attack, you immediately lose a wanted star.
- It is possible to ambush other players and steal money from them. It is therefore advisable to get your money to the bank as soon as possible.
- Money bets on the outcome of races or deathmatches are possible.
- If there are two people in a vehicle, the passenger can change the radio station.
- If you stand in front of a vehicle in the garage and press the control pad down (on the PC), its status values are displayed.
- You can put GPS markers on the map that every player in the vehicle can see.
- If you act negatively and, for example, blow up another player's car, you get a negative rating. If you do this more often, you become a spoilsport.
- The interaction menu gives you a choice of different animations for the character.
- If you own a garage, you can call the mechanic if you are stuck somewhere or need a new car, for example.
- You can use your iFruit Phone to request an air strike to destroy races, for example.
- A lifestyle company called Pegasus sends helicopters or private jets straight to a helipad or runway for $ 200.
- In the Ammu-Nation you can buy weapons and ammunition or challenge players at the shooting range.
- The higher you rise in rank, the more complex and difficult missions you can choose, meet new characters and receive new rewards and skills. For example, the options to be invisible on the radar or to put a bounty on other players are unlocked.
- In GTA Online you can go to the movies with your friends and visit strip clubs, where it is also possible, like in GTA V, to throw money at the dancers and touch them, whereby if you get caught too often you are thrown out of the club .
- The co-pilot of an aircraft can mark targets.
- You can smoke bong in your own apartment and in a friend's apartment.
- You can look through a telescope in the luxury apartment.
- You can vote on different missions. The mission that the majority of the crew votes for is played. After the mission you can vote on the next mission immediately.
- You can do banking with the iFruit Phone.
- Christmas 2013, the game world of GTA Online was covered with snow - only on these days. Not only visually, but also technically, a lot has changed. Vehicles had less grip, but no snow fell on the cars and the tires left no tire tracks. In addition, there were some items of clothing and masks in the Christmas look that were removed after the holidays.
- This campaign was repeated at Christmas 2014 (due to the DDoS attacks on PSN and Xbox Live, the campaign was extended until January 2, 2015). In addition to the promotional items and features from the 2013 Christmas promotion, the Festive Surprise update included additional items of clothing, vehicles, weapons and promotions. In addition, the vehicles now left tire tracks. However, nothing changed in the actual snow texture.
Missions in GTA Online
Income (in $)
|Thief wanted||It takes a thief||Simeon||5||1.000||1320||1||4|
|Rich in Richman||Rich Men in Richman||Simeon||5||1.000||750||1||4|
|Rockford Roll||Rockford Roll||Simeon||5||750||950||1||2|
|Pair of ballas against the wall||Ballas to the Wall||Simeon||5||500||1200||1||2|
|Not over table Zion||Where credit’s due||Simeon||5||500||1050||1||2|
|Death metal||Death metal||Gerald||6||1.500||650||1||4|
|Flooding in the LS River||Flood in LS River||Gerald||6||1.000||750||1||4|
|Problems at the pier||Pier Pressure||Gerald||6||750||1060||1||4|
|Broken deal||Deal breaker||Gerald||6||500||1340||1||4|
|Cool method||Meth'd up||Gerald||7||2.500||750||1||4|
|No Hay Bronca||No Hay Bronca||Gerald||8||2.500||650||1||4|
|We can do it differently||All in the game||Simeon||10||1.000||810||1||2|
|The do-gooder||Gentry does it||Simeon||10||1.000||800||1||4|
|Repatriation from El Burro||El Burro Heists||Simeon||10||1.000||725||1||4|
|Business damage||Gassed up||Gerald||12||1.000||900||1||4|
|Radical cure||Blow up||Simeon||12||750||1000||1||2|
|Romance is dead||Romance isn't dead||Ron||13||1.000||750||1||4|
|Forced takeover||Violent duct||Gerald||15||1.500||1140||1||4|
|San Andreas Seoul||San Andreas Seoul||Lamar||16||1.500||630||1||4|
|Chase II||Chasers II||Simeon||16||1.000||725||1||2|
|Ticket to Elysium||Ticket to Elysium||Lamar||18||1.500||1250||1||4|
- Can detect search dogs laced with cannabis
- What do companies outsource their work to?
- What should a dissatisfied woman do
- What should I buy during hyperinflation?
- Eating Tamil beef
- What's long term in business
- Coded a blue collar job
- Do you have a life plan
- How do I stop being so morose
- What causes a rash in the internal groin area
- All parents fight every day
- I can feel other feelings why
- Can Asians speak English without an accent
- Who ruined Yusuf Pathan's career
- What are the disadvantages of large families
- How much of ancient Rome were slaves
- Is Australia safe for tourists
- What causes a phobia to bake beans
- What is the easiest cooking recipe
- Can Asians speak English without an accent
- Why did you start playing video games
- How can Quora close its gender gap
- What defines Generation Z.
- Why did Boeing buy McDonnell Douglas