Which horrifies the Vietnamese
"Agonizing death" of 39 Vietnamese
London. More than a year after the death of 39 Vietnamese in a refrigerated truck in Great Britain, a London court has sentenced seven defendants to prison terms of up to 27 years. The two main defendants were sentenced to 27 and 20 years in prison for negligent homicide and human trafficking, the court said on Friday. Five other men were sentenced to between three and 18 years in prison.
The men were found guilty in December. The two alleged leaders of the smuggling gang now received the highest prison terms: a 43-year-old Romanian was sentenced to 27 years in prison, a 41-year-old Northern Irish transport company to 20 years. The Northern Irishman pleaded guilty to the trial.
Another defendant who last drove the truck was sentenced to 13 years and four months in prison. He too had admitted the act in court. The judges sentenced the fourth defendant, a 24-year-old man, to 18 years in prison. He had previously brought the refrigerated truck to the Belgian port city of Zeebrugge. The 24-year-old denied having known about the Vietnamese in the trailer.
Judge Nigel Sweeney described the tugs' approach as "sophisticated, long-term and profitable". The convicts could not be released until after two thirds of the prison term at the earliest.
The case caused horror worldwide in October 2019. The bodies of 31 male victims, including two minors, and eight women were discovered in a truck in an industrial area east of London. According to the autopsy report, they died from lack of oxygen and overheating, locked in the container. AFP / nd
nd journalism from the left thrives on the commitment of its readers
In view of the experience of the corona pandemic, we have decided to make our journalism permanently freely accessible on our website and thus make it available to everyone who is interested.
As with our print and epaper editions, every published article contains our work as an author, editor, technician or publisher. It is what makes this journalism possible.
Volunteer now with just a few clicks!
- How do inflation and IT sectors correlate
- What should I know about your family
- The people of Kerala eat beef
- Why do we have breakfast at 6 p.m.
- Why is it bad to show off
- Why does TikTok make teenagers addicted?
- How much is an app user worth
- Are there reasons to restrict freedom of speech?
- What if everyone had courage
- The heaviest kpop idol woman
- What are you deliberately keeping secret
- Most Quora employees are competitive programmers
- How does a yeast infection feel?
- How does society perceive an only child
- Why are Japanese cities so clean
- Hiring GE freshmen
- Who has better sex men or women
- What kind of 401k thing is that
- Back pain is severe
- Why are some people so cheap
- Why is 80's music the best
- How much paper does a tree produce
- You can own and register multiple companies
- What does God say about homosexuality