What happens to failed starts
Windows Windows 10 no longer starts after an update - what to do?
Windows 10 installed a new update and then it happens - the computer won't boot anymore. The update is often faulty or outdated drivers are not compatible with the new update. In our tips + tricks we show you how to fix these problems.
Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode
First, you should try to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode. In contrast to the normal start of Windows, only the most important drivers and programs that are necessary for Windows to run are loaded here. In this way, in safe mode you can easily identify and correct errors that are based on new programs, drivers or updates.
Start your computer and press the key combination [Shift] + [F8]. This is how Windows 10 starts in Safe Mode.
Once the computer has started up completely, you can safely update drivers. To do this, right-click on the Windows symbol and choose "Device manager". All devices on your computer will now be displayed. Select the device for which you suspect that the driver is out of date and is therefore not compatible with the new Windows update. With a Right click on the corresponding device the driver can be updated.
If the second step didn't help, you can Uninstall last Windows update. To do this, click on the first Windows symbol and then on the gearto open the settings. In the search bar, type "View update history"and confirm with [Enter key". You will now see the update history. At the top, click on"Uninstall updates". You will then see a list of the latest updates. With a Right click you can uninstall the latest update on the corresponding entry.
Start Windows 10 via USB stickdisplay
Doesn't uninstalling the drivers bring the desired success or does safe mode not even start? The problem can then be eliminated using the computer repair option provided with the Windows installation. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Create one on another PC Boot stick for Windows 10. Read here how to create a boot stick step-by-step.
- In the next step, insert the USB stick into the problem PC and change the boot sequence in the BIOS so that Windows also starts from the stick.
- Select the language you want and click on "Further".
- Depending on the Windows version, select Computer repair or Computer repair options.
- Your Windows PC will now independently check the system and look for sources of error. If this process does not start automatically, go to "Troubleshoot"> "Advanced Options"> "Startup Help"> "Windows 10".
- Subsequently Restart the PC. Repeat the process if necessary.
Repair Windows 10 without a USB stick
If you don't have a second PC or USB stick, there is an alternative route to automatic computer repair. It works like this:
- The first thing to do is to manually interrupt the Windows startup process. As soon as the dots appear under the Windows logo, press the reset button or hold the power button down until the PC restarts. Repeat the process three to four times. Then let the PC start up undisturbed.
- Windows is now preparing the automatic repair: Select the appropriate keyboard layout and then click on "Expanded options" > "Troubleshooting" > "Expanded options".
- When you arrive here, choose "Uninstall updates" out.
- For regular Windows updates, either click "Uninstall the current quality update"or for major updates from Windows 10 to"Uninstall the current function update".
- Then confirm with "Uninstall quality update" or. "Uninstall the current function update". Windows 10 now automatically uninstalls the desired update and tries to eliminate the start-up problem.
- Then restart the PC as usual. If Windows is still twitching, read this tipps + tricks article.
Restore Windows 10 from a backup
If Windows 10 does not start despite uninstalling the last update, the only thing that will help is restoring Windows 10. Here we explain how to restore Windows 10 from a backup or via a restore point.
- Qatar pays civil engineers well
- Why do people like to irritate other people
- How badly you practice personal finance
- Why are footballers paid more than doctors?
- How do I diagnose as a doctor
- What is rule 44 in NCIS
- What happened to the Cockney accent
- Who is the leader of Australia
- Why do cheap shoes smell bad
- What is your motto in life 1
- Can women in Judaism initiate divorce
- What is Sheldon Cooper's MBTI Personality Type
- Why do people adapt to society
- Have you ever accidentally hurt someone emotionally?
- How do the Japanese see the Taiwanese
- How often do you say thank you
- Which forum pages are good
- How did you wake up today
- What do arranged Indian marriages look like
- At what age do boys begin to ejaculate?
- Everyone lives in his own world
- Where can I get the best odor remover
- What are oral traditions
- Where do the child laborers come from?