Are South Sea pearls worth it?
The following criteria are responsible for determining the quality of a pearl:
The size of a pearl is the only characteristic that can be immediately recognized by any observer. It is given in millimeters. There are pearls from a few millimeters to a size of 20 millimeters in the case of South Sea pearls. In general, a larger pearl is more expensive than a smaller one, and all other weighting factors must be the same.
Cultured pearls are generally divided into round, symmetrical and baroque shapes.
Round shapes: Round, almost round
Symmetrical shape: oval, button, drop
Baroque form: semi-baroque, baroque
It is very difficult to find a perfect round pearl. The rounder a pearl, the more valuable it is. However, it depends on the taste of the wearer which shape she chooses.
When it comes to body color, the basic tone, color intensity and color saturation of pearls are taken into account. For Akoya pearls, this color palette ranges from white to cream to pale pink. The main colors of the South Sea pearls are white, silver, pink and gold. The so-called Tahitian pearls are characterized by dark shades; Their color palette ranges from light gray, gold, black-green to black.
The iridescence of pearls is called orient or luster. Pearls show this play of colors in the finest distribution, as the curvature of their surface makes it possible to perceive these colors from all directions. It arises from the interactions of light with the surface of the pearl. This iridescence is shown in the form of the so-called overcolour, which appears to float as a small circle on the surface of the pearl.
The luster of cultured pearls depends on the layer thickness, the grown layer of pearl substance. The luster is the main factor in determining the quality and value of pearls. The more intense the luster of a pearl, the more valuable it is.
The surface of pearls is rarely flawless, it has various types of growth features. These often show up as elevations or depressions.
Therefore, when choosing a pearl necklace, the number, size and visibility of these features should be taken into account. Based on these characteristics, pearls can therefore be classified from “flawless” to “very clear growth characteristics”.
- What is being monitored versus unsupervised learning
- Who speaks a language called Mudderschproch
- What should I have for dinner tonight?
- Do you like Chanel 19
- What are the worst classes at MIT
- Are there right-wing atheists
- Why is there a libertarian party
- How is life in Guam
- What percentage of Taobao transactions are counterfeit?
- Is it easy to leave the house?
- Black women are attracted to Asian men
- Attract men with full beards to women
- Explain three advantages of digital payments
- Lies Donald Trump about his lies
- Which is better for PS4 or Xbox
- What do evangelical Christians believe about sex?
- What are good Bible verses with explanation
- Can chiropractors manipulate paralyzed people?
- Is Andorra worth a visit
- National debt relief is worth it
- Has the Black Butler anime finished
- What is nice iPhone app
- What is the correct technique for eating Ph
- Why did she go away