Why do I long for beans
Warming bean and vegetable stew
On dull autumn days, the culinary delights can be a bit more hearty. Today I have a recipe with a taste explosion for you. The bean and vegetable stew warms you up from the inside out and just makes you happy and full.
When it's cold outside, I long for soup or other warming dishes. I like to experiment with spices and add cinnamon or ginger to stews. Cinnamon in a stew might sound strange, but it tastes incredibly delicious. Whereby you wouldn't guess which secret ingredient it is.
Today's recipe is inspired by Ella Woodward, one of my favorite food bloggers and cookbook authors. Her dishes are plant-based and always super healthy and very special. She brings together ingredients that you would never combine yourself in life, resulting in the simplest and best dishes. This recipe shows that hearty does not have to be a burden for the body. There is a warming bean and vegetable stew.
Ingredients for 4 servings of bean and vegetable stew
- 3 carrots
- a can of peeled tomatoes
- 50 g of red lentils
- 2 teaspoons of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ginger powder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a zucchini
- a small can of white beans
- Salt and pepper
- a pinch of chili
- juice of half a lemon
- an avocado
Peel and slice the carrots and place in a large saucepan. Add canned tomatoes, lentils, tomato paste, cinnamon, ginger, plenty of salt and pepper and the pressed garlic. Don't forget the chilli. Pour approx. 300 ml of boiling water on top. The whole thing should now boil down for about 30 minutes over medium heat. In the meantime, halve the zucchini lengthways and also cut into slices. Drain the beans and set aside. After the 30 minutes stir in the zucchini and beans and add a little more water if necessary. The stew is ready when the zucchini are still firm to the bite (approx. 15 minutes). Finally stir in the juice of half a lemon. Remove the peel and core from the avocado and mash it with a fork in a small bowl. Just season with salt and pepper and if you feel like it, you can fold in a little sour cream / créme fraîche. Brown rice or spelled rice goes best with the bean and vegetable stew. Cook this according to the instructions and serve with stew and avocado topping.
Good Appetite! Do you also like to experiment when it comes to spices? Or do you prefer to stay true to the classics?
- How do I identify a good perfume
- Oxford is depressing
- What behavior of employees makes a hostile workplace
- Are corn flakes good to eat for dinner?
- In relationships, expectations are necessary or not
- How will the Pataleshwar temple be
- What is Indian youth
- Do you prefer smartphones or laptops
- Can a student learn Hadoop
- What are the best job portals
- What is management by example
- What is life before and after UPSC
- How to order tapas in Spain
- What are the finance jobs in government
- What is a treatment for white discharge
- What is the secret after death
- What is FDW Singapore
- What are some of the scariest documentaries
- Where do criminal defense lawyers work
- What's going on with Indonesians these days
- Americans have a heavy American accent
- Why does Moscow have the most billionaires?
- How much do airline pilots earn
- How and why we protect our environment