How do you play skyrim
RPG "The Elder Scrolls V" | "Skyrim" Makers: "You Are What You Play"
"The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" continues one of the most popular role-playing series in autumn. Fans of the series often spend more than a hundred hours in the huge fantasy worlds. The game was also one of the big highlights at the E3 games fair.
BILD.de spoke to chief designer Kurt Kuhlmann („Oblivion“, „Fallout 3“) about the potential RPG hit.
BILD.de: What is “Skyrim” about?
Kurt Kuhlmann: At the beginning, the player is about to be executed as a prisoner. Then he learns that he is a "Dragonborn", a dragon slayer who can fall back on the abilities of these creatures. It's about the return of the dragons and how to stop this threat.
BILD.de: What are the biggest innovations in “Skyrim”?
Kuhlmann: We always had the motto: "You are what you play" and we expand on this idea in "Skyrim". The players no longer choose their role at the beginning of the game, they just start playing. The character then develops according to the skills you use. The aspect of the open game world should be expanded with many elements. But above all: We have great dragons!
BILD.de: Tell us more! What role do the dragons play in "Skyrim"?
Kuhlmann: Our dragons are some of the greatest opponents in the game. Defeating a dragon becomes very difficult and satisfying. But they're not just enemies. They are intelligent beings with a variety of motivations.
BILD.de: Why are there no more typical role-playing classes in “Skyrim”?
Kuhlmann: At the beginning of a game, players usually don't know how to shape their characters. Often the player later regrets his decision and starts all over again. In Skyrim, the hero evolves with the game. The skills that are used improve. The others don't.
BILD.de: How big is the game world of “Skyrim”?
Kuhlmann: It's about the same size as its predecessor, Oblivion. But because of the mountainous landscapes, the world was created differently.
BILD.de: The world looks fantastic in the first pictures and in the video (above). But how does it come to life?
Kuhlmann: There are tons of things that liven up the game world. From butterflies and insects to rabbits, chickens and foxes. The animals are not always hostile. Wolves and bears, for example, only attack when you get too close - or when they hunt.
"The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim": RPG for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, date: November 11, 2011.
You can find more exciting game news here.
- What is the cheapest food in Ukraine
- Have you ever seen a doctor cry
- When will the Fed raise interest rates?
- The soil is lifeless dirt
- How do management consultancies win positions
- Hungarians like Serbs or Rumanians more
- Why is Allah afraid of apostates
- What thoughts do older people have
- What is legitimacy
- What is archetypal criticism
- Why is my key locked in the ignition
- How is LTTE different from ISIS
- Why do most Muslims not practice Sufism
- Income tax should be abolished in India
- Which degrees does HIM offer
- Will Apple ever give away free iPhones?
- What is libertarianism
- What should I save money for?
- What actions restricted the rights of immigrants?
- How do you clean your diving mask
- What items sell fast in school
- Which companies don't use ERP?
- Are all actors and actresses narcissistic?
- What does Pakistan like about India?