Why is baguette so difficult to chew
Original French baguette
It's called self-praise stinks. Nevertheless, I have to give myself a strong pat on the shoulder at this point. Because I'm a true master at this light, crispy, fresh one baguette to conjure up. Original like in France.
Original like in France?
original French baguette?
It's always a thing with the term “original”. But I think: here we can already speak of an original French baguette. In any case, I adapted the instructions from a real French woman: Aurélie. Since I don't speak French, I was very happy to find a blog that introduces us to original French cuisine, but is written in German.
If there are doubters who don't quite believe in the authenticity: Just bake it up. I'm sure you'll be patting yourself on the shoulder soon too.
Even more self-praise
Wonderful when I see the pictures. For me the perfect breakfast: fresh baguette, butter, café au lait. And that is really original now.
If you want to deal more intensively with the subject of bread baking and baguettes, I can recommend the book »Der Brotdoc«Recommend. Especially for those who are just starting out, I think it's great. Have fun baking!
(unpaid advertising with affiliate link)
(Copyright Christian Verlag; Photography: Julia Hildebrand, Ingolf Hatz)
For 1 baguette
The secret lies in the right flour (type 550) and the folding technique.
You need a little patience, but the wait is worth it!
- 250g flour type 550!
- 160ml lukewarm water
- 6g salt
- 10g fresh yeast or 3 g dry yeast
Knead the ingredients into a dough with a wooden mixing spoon. You just have to knead until you have a solid mass. So don't knead too long. Then sprinkle flour over the mixture and let the dough rest for 20 minutes. Cover the bowl with a tea towel during this time.
After 20 minutes, spread the dough out into a rectangle. You don't need a rolling pin, you better use your hands.
Then fold one corner at a time of the rectangle towards the center.
The first corner covers the second….
... the third corner the first two ...
... and finally the last corner of all corners that have been taken so far.
Place the dough packet with the folded sides down in a bowl and let the dough rise, covered, for another 20 minutes.
Repeat the step of spreading, folding and walking twice more. The dough will rise for a total of 80 minutes.
Now preheat the oven to 240 degrees.
Then spread the dough out again with your hands on a work surface.
Then roll up the dough.
Close the "seam" very well so that the baguette does not lose its shape while baking.
Then place the rolling pin with the seam down on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and cut it diagonally a few times. This is how the bread gets its typical appearance.
Before it goes into the oven, you spray it with a little water and dust it with flour. Now you can put the baguette in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 240 degrees (top / bottom heat). Et voilà.
- It is essential to use flour type 550
- Use a serrated knife to make incisions
- Buy music online
- What does a depressed narcissist look like
- Which is the best employee management software
- All Europeans are slaves
- Why are suitcases so expensive
- What percentage is required for BDS
- What are the best emergency technologies
- What are BLACK IRISH considered
- How do I make her happy
- Why don't people visit Alzheimer's patients
- What is the array of objects memory
- What if Trump invaded North Korea?
- What is Hampas Lupa in Bisaya
- Why is the African World War bad
- Love increases longevity
- What do companies outsource their work to?
- Can you reverse rotting teeth
- What will happen to Venezuela
- Moses was an alcoholic
- What is the best 4x4
- What happens to gingivitis
- How does milk neutralize spicy food?
- What is your perspective about your life
- What drives you to become a programmer