How do you personally deal with life
7 tips on how to deal with difficult people
1. Don't take it personally!
"Does she think I'm stupid or what?" - Inner escalation! Because when we feel personally attacked or instructed, we get angry the most and react aggressively. An attack is followed by a counterattack and suddenly something small turns into a theater of war. Unfortunately, it does not help anyone, instead it only costs energy and nerves. Therefore: it is better to keep your distance, not take what is said personally and take a deep breath. Most of the time, our counterpart doesn't mean it as personally as it comes across.
2. The art of listening
It is really an art, especially if you think your interlocutor is an absolute a **** hole. But then it is particularly important to concentrate on listening and not on what you want to say yourself next. Comments like “Yes, exactly” or “Aha, I understand.” Are not particularly helpful either. Rather, psychologists advise statements such as: "Tell me more so that I can understand it better."
3. Keep your distance
Feelings of happiness are contagious, unfortunately feelings of unhappiness too. Therefore: Get rid of everything that is not doing you good at the moment. If you are dissatisfied, unhappy, annoyed or stressed yourself, don't bring more negative feelings on board. Better: think about who or what is doing you good at the moment. That could be little things like a cup of tea or a power nap. Bad mood is made worse by the negativity of others. Suffering shared is not half suffering, but double suffering. In technical jargon, this is also called negative reinforcement. * smart shit mode off
4. Don't be a dodger
Keep calm, radiate security: Escalation does not get anyone any further, but it does not make you small and swallow everything. Otherwise you quickly end up in the role of victim, which must not happen under any circumstances. If limits are exceeded, this has to be made clear, but calmly, and the other person has to be put in his place. After all, you are the most important person to yourself and you should maintain your integrity.
5. What's the problem?
Usually there is another problem behind a little thing and that needs to be identified. So play a detective and find out what the other person really wants? This is also called the hidden need. However, once you have recognized what is behind the constant moaning, complaining and moaning, you can tackle the problem-solving. Because the only way out of the negative complaint mode is to switch to the problem-solving mode and thereby get into action.
6. Mirror, mirror on the wall ...
The mirror technique is incredibly effective if you don't want to get involved in a confrontation or if you are afraid of it. You just behave in a similar way to the other person. Simply imitate tone of voice, gestures, facial expressions and vocabulary discreetly and give the conversation partner the feeling of familiarity and being understood. What doesn't go down well: humor or a stupid joke usually has the opposite effect of relaxation.
7. Change what can be changed
What we would like to have sometimes doesn't fit at all for others, and vice versa. That in turn creates friction, power struggles and a bad mood. If feelings then come into play, things get hairy. Then the logic flips, the focus is lost and you fight for things that are not worth it. Then it helps to take a step back and change your perspective instead of getting lost in your emotions. Once you have agreed on an important change, small steps are often the best way to help.
- How do architects minimize their project risks
- When does the Home Loan EMI begin
- What do Trinidad and Tobago look like
- Has anyone had sex with a celebrity?
- What are the best job portals
- Do you like your name
- Are there female intelligence agents
- What is a holiday 1
- Are there secret billionaires?
- Why was opium made in China
- Should boys cry as well as girls
- What is secondary and tertiary care
- How do I hire a management consulting service
- What use is mining
- Why did Jon prefer Sansa to Daenerys
- Too much masturbation leads to rethinking
- Do TCS night shifts for women
- What are the greatest risks in life
- What is wasted life
- How much is my house worth 1
- Is Hinduism a diabolical religion
- What are the famous old songs
- Which incident changed your life drastically? Why?
- Which is more loving cats or dogs
- Does BBW have some negative meanings
- How many Google employees became billionaires
- What will happen in Frozen 2
- How do I remove ice from driveways
- How does a diabetic smell
- What is the safest way to cook food
- Can a relationship survive multiple breakups?
- Where does the name Hobo come from
- Is the USA angry?
- How do architecture and architectural engineering differ?