Which documents are required for a partnership


Since 01/01/2019, the registered partnership has been possible for everyone, including couples of different sexes. Regardless of your place of residence, you can enter into a registered partnership anywhere in Austria. For a smooth process, contact the registry office where you would like to enter into the registered partnership.


Which documents are required?

For Austrian citizens:

  • Birth certificate
  • Proof of citizenship
  • passport

For divorced or widowed persons:

  • Marriage certificates of all marriages
  • Divorce decision with final notice or death certificate

Should a partner have a foreign citizenship have, or have had a civil status case (birth, marriage, divorce, etc.) abroad, we ask you to contact us by phone.


How can an appointment be reserved for the registered partnership?

The partnering takes place at the registry office in Innsbruck also in the Golden Roof. An appointment can be made by phone. Please get in touch with the contact person.

Please note that we cannot provide any information about the claims for earnings (pensions, maintenance, etc.). For this, please contact the district court or your pension fund.

We ask you to make an appointment in advance for a personal interview.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!