How much is unknown about the unknown
Detect and block spam calls
You can Mute Unknown Callers or use a third-party app to block spam calls on your iPhone.
Activate "Mute unknown callers"
In iOS 13 and later, you can turn on Mute Unknown Callers to avoid receiving calls from people you don't know. This will block phone numbers that you have never been in contact with and that are not saved in your contact list. If you've previously texted someone using their phone number, or if someone gave you their phone number in an email, calls from that number won't be blocked.
To mute unknown callers, go to Settings> Phone, scroll down, tap Mute Unknown Callers, and turn it on. Calls from unknown numbers will be muted, forwarded to your voicemail and shown in your call history.
Incoming calls from people in your contact list or call log will not be blocked. The same goes for Siri suggestions, which will tell you who is calling you based on phone numbers in your email or text messages.
In the event of an emergency call, "Mute unknown callers" is temporarily deactivated for the next 24 hours so that your iPhone can be reached.
Before turning on Mute Unknown Callers, make sure you've saved important contacts so you don't miss any important calls. The call will still go to voicemail and appear in the call log, but you will not receive a notification when the call comes in.
Set up an app to filter and detect spam calls
- Open the App Store and download one of the apps that can detect and block spam calls. You can also download and install multiple apps that offer this function from different app developers.
- Go to Settings> Phone.
- Tap Block And Identify Calls.
- Enable or disable the app under "Allow these apps to block calls and provide caller IDs". Here you can also set the priority of the apps by arranging them accordingly. To do this, just tap "Edit" and then drag the apps where you want them.
Phone numbers that appear under Blocked Contacts are those that you have manually blocked.
When you receive a call, the caller's number on your device is compared to the list of phone numbers in your third-party spam apps. In the event of a match, the name specified by the app is displayed in iOS, for example "spam" or "telemarketing". If the app detects a phone number as spam, it may automatically block the call. Incoming calls are never delivered to third party developers.
If you identify a call as a spam call yourself, you can manually block the phone number on your device. Phone numbers that you've manually blocked are listed under Blocked Contacts.
If you no longer want to use the app, you can remove it.
Information relating to non-Apple products or independent websites controlled or audited by Apple does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility for the selection, performance, or use of third party websites and products. Apple makes no representations about the accuracy or reliability of any third party websites. Contact the provider for additional information.
- May thyroid medicine cause hypertension
- Has anyone experienced racism in Canada?
- What does retirement mean for the elderly
- Judges are civil servants
- Why did Mac Tatum go to jail?
- What does God say about homosexuality
- Happy workers work harder
- Which is the easiest accounting certification
- Men look better than women
- Who is the best physical therapist in Mumbai
- Who built Charminar 3
- Should there be group projects in college
- What do Turks think of Hitler?
- Is capitalism inevitable
- What does the future of an auditor look like?
- How is life in L T Construction
- Why are children addicted to smartphones
- How fun was your childhood
- Means Thai free
- Is China a threat to world peace?
- How risky is open heart surgery
- How do I become a home improvement contractor
- Does someone work in shared work rooms
- What is a swingers club
- In which countries do people eat snails?
- How deep can your ass go
- Which civilizations first made iron weapons
- How profitable are shipping companies
- How recruiting companies make a net profit
- Why is it important to protect power
- How often do you get called
- What is a drywall control joint
- What is the main phase of life