- required required necessary ↗necessary ↗mandatory ↗indispensable · unavoidable · ↗necessary · mandatory · ↗conditional ● Mandatory seldom · Mandatory educational language
- Basic (e.g. basic knowledge) forming the basis ↗elementary ↗essential essential ↗fundamental · ↗fundamental · primary · ↗in principle · ↗substantially essential · ↗important ● ↗basal techn. · ↗eminent go.
- ↗Condition · ↗Condition · ↗Requirement · ↗Must · ↗Constraint
- ugs. · (that) is unfortunately so ugly. · (It) is just so ugly. · Et kütt like et kütt. coll., kölsch · ↗c'est la vie coll., french. · You can't (eh) do anything inf. · Don't do anything about it. · It is the way it is inf. · Is doc h so! ugs. · is like that! inf. · can happen inf.
- fixed · ↗given · ↗godgiven · predetermined · given
- not to be stopped (any longer) · not to be changed (any more) ● ↗perfect inf.
- ↗ consequently in the nature of the thing consequently logically ↗necessarily inevitable · ↗inevitably · ↗inevitable ● must come like this.
- The end justifies the means. Proverb · Need knows no commandment. saying
- to be without alternative fig. · There is no way around (something). fig. · (Something) is no different main form · In times of need the devil eats flies. Proverb · the only possibility to be main form · cannot (always) choose it. Proverb · It has to (simply). coll., saying · Wat mutt, dat mutt. ugs., proverb, northern German · it doesn't work any differently. · not d (a) getting around inf.