What is a welding transformer
Welding transformer - worth knowing about the structure
Connection technology experienced a revolution with the introduction of the welding transformer. The connections created by welding provided greater stability and tensile strength.
Welding technology is used to connect workpieces with the help of heat and pressure. Welding consumables such as stick electrodes are mostly used. In order for the electricity from the socket to be used for welding, you need the support of a welding transformer.
Function of a welding transformer
- A welding transformer has the task of converting the alternating current from the power grid. So it transforms the current from the network with a high voltage and a low amperage into alternating current with a high amperage and a low voltage. This conversion of the alternating current only allows the welding process.
- Alternating current is the steady flow of current between the two poles plus and minus. If the current is measured, the alternating current can be recognized by its characteristic sinusoidal curve.
Joint welding and its techniques
- Welding is divided into various application techniques. For example, there is joint welding of workpieces - such as two metal structural members - and build-up welding. Build-up welding is used, for example, for excavator buckets. This special form of build-up welding is also called armor welding. The build-up welding makes the excavator's shovel particularly hard and durable. This is what makes it possible to remove heavy and hard material using an excavator in the first place.
- There are also different process technologies. Manual electrode welding, TIG welding and MIG / MAG welding are common. Also to be mentioned are plasma welding, laser welding and resistance welding.
- Manual arc welding or electrode welding has long been the most common method. With the help of a welding transformer, an electrode is liquefied and acts as a connection between two workpieces. Manual arc welding can be learned relatively quickly and is also widespread among hobby welders.
- The MIG / MAG welding process has a wide range of applications in industry and metal construction. MIG / MAG welding is characterized by the fact that a wire that runs from a spool is fed through a hose package. At the end of the hose package, the wire is liquefied by the flow of current. This process enables different workpieces to be connected to one another.
How helpful do you find this article?
- Young entrepreneurs How do I get out
- What makes a good high school teacher
- What is the longest book ever written
- Narcissists are extremely lazy
- Why are our parents so boring
- Is biodiesel a profitable business?
- How can I get some cleaning towels
- What sets Kerala apart from other Indian states
- Who would like to be my business partner
- What makes fascism the right wing?
- What's the best first car ever
- Can you use iOS code for Android?
- Is surgery necessary for a hip fracture?
- What is information worth today
- What do the Vietnamese think of Portugal?
- What is a gourmet restaurant
- What is Associated with the Victorian Macaw
- Why can't life be easy
- Are the Bible years the same as ours?
- Why bookkeeping is so important to investing
- Where is Christmas Island located
- Have you ever met an inappropriate doctor
- Are the Great Lakes fresh or salty?
- Why are you attending business seminars
- Why are our lips red
- What is the value of fashion
- Do people share fear
- How old is the English language
- What makes music valuable
- When should you report a professor?
- Will China collapse in 2026
- When to visit Ireland
- What taxes do employers have