Why should people get married
1. Why get married: love, security and harmony
It is a symbolic gesture of love and mutual devotion. The wedding gives friends and family a reason to celebrate our relationship and life together for an entire day.
2. To start a family and for a stable environment for the children
A marriage promises - at least in theory - the most stable environment in which to have and raise children. For many, marriage is still the prerequisite and prior legitimation in order to start a family.
3. A partner by your side for life
When it comes to the question “Why get married?”, The answer often comes up: Growing old with a partner for life. Saying “yes” without hesitation is often seen as the crowning and greatest token of love. The common name, the creed before God and / or the registrar welds two people together. Couples who venture into marriage after living together for many years without a marriage certificate also report a changed feeling of togetherness.
4. Protection of the spouse and children
As a wife or husband, in the event of the death of your partner, you automatically have more rights than e.g. a life partner (e.g. widow's or widower's pension). Inheritance within a partnership is currently only possible if a will is available. If something should happen to one of the parents, the spouse also has custody of the children together.
5. An unforgettable wedding celebration with family and friends
A beautiful wedding celebration with the whole family, the focus for a day as the bride and groom, planning a lavish wedding party, looking forward to wonderful gifts - a wedding is a great thing!
6. The wedding party: Be a princess for one day
There are women who plan their wedding day from childhood: the dream of a prince, a carriage and of course the most beautiful wedding dress in the world. So why not get married for this reason and feel like a princess for a day?
7. Marriage as a sign of belonging
The official commitment to the spouse is also a reason for many to get married. The bride and groom want to say yes in front of their family and friends in order to send a message to the outside world: We belong together.
8. Marriage helps through difficult times
Two people who have been married long and happily are usually not only connected by love, but also by a long friendship. And so, married couples can often survive times of crisis without major injuries. Because: if you are married, you don't just split up. Divorce is costly and nerve wracking. Joint children or property also bind a married couple together. Often times, two people get together rather than parting over problems. And often they emerge strengthened from the phase in which they prevented the divorce.
9. Marriage is good for health
Another reason for going to the registry office: Being married is good for the soul and body. According to a study from New Zealand, married people are less likely to become mentally ill, depressed or addicted to drugs or alcohol - this applies to both sexes.
10. Legal motives for marriage
People may refuse to testify in court or to the police if close relatives are incriminated as a result. The right to remain silent does not only apply to the spouse, but also to the fiancé.
Our tietheknot tip: In terms of taxation, marriage in Austria has few advantages, unlike in Germany. In contrast to Germany, there is no household taxation in Austria and therefore you cannot save taxes here even with a marriage.
Our tietheknot tip: At eheonline.at there is an interesting worksheet on the subject of “Trapped: Why get married?”, Which you can work on and fill out together with your partner.
Book tip: ready to get married? The book for lovers
|Do we love each other Are we similar but also different enough? Whoever wants to get married has many questions. This book lets couples get into conversation and illuminates topics that one does not want to ignore. Includes eight good ideas for Christian couples who want to prepare for marriage. |
It is available on Amazon for 14.99 euros. *)
*) Affiliate link
Don't forget it - pin it!
- How happy life can be
- What not to do when visiting Colombia
- What is adult-child syndrome
- Can car seat belts be replaced?
- An eagle is a wild animal
- How many punjabi live in Australia
- What is IU's best song
- Is loneliness harmful
- Why is a visa not approved?
- Feminists hate men
- How compressed is music that is played via Spotify
- Will AWS collapse in the near future
- Where do the white Americans come from?
- What are the uses of binoculars
- What's the most misunderstood thing about pizza
- What are the influences of strange things
- What is an underrated snack
- Which country is the oldest Christian nation
- How can Indonesia improve its economy
- What strings are on Takamine guitars
- Some health tips for seniors
- How was the experience with a prostitute
- What are some terms in sword fighting
- Is my english name strange