Where does the term pimp come from?
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- To | hold | te | rei, no plural
- IPA: [ˌʦuːhɛltəˈʀaɪ̯]
- 1) Act in which prostitutes are exploited by a person who takes on mediation and protection for the prostitute and keeps part of the income for himself
- Derivation of pimp with the derivative morpheme-egg
- 1) Peter S. earned his living through for years Pimping.
- Nominative: singular Pimping; Plural -
- Genitive: singular Pimping; Plural -
- Dative: singular Pimping; Plural -
- Accusative: singular Pimping; Plural -
- English: 1) pimping, procuring
- French: 1) proxénétisme (male)
- Spanish: 1) proxenetismo (male)
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The boss of a Lagens brothel should be because of Pimping and take responsibility for human trafficking. Now she is wanted by arrest warrant.“
Day 24, October 17, 2018
„SEK access on Thursday! The man is being investigated for human trafficking, forced prostitution, Pimping and assault.“
BILD.de, May 24, 2019
„HANOI - A Vietnamese court has a Russian woman because of Pimping Sentenced to three years in prison.“
The Farang (Thailand), July 16, 2019
„+++ What to do if diesel driving bans come? +++ Kita quality in Hessen +++ Pimping with Voodoo-Zauber +++ Here you can find out everything that is important in Hessen today.“
Frankfurter Rundschau online, August 28, 2018
„A waiter from Linz is said to have supplied three underage girls with drugs. He is also said to have been a pimp. The 46-year-old must therefore go to court Pimping and fictitious marriage.“
ORF, May 8, 2019
„28-year-old because of Pimping and forced prostitution accused.“
Mopo, February 16, 2020
„29-year-old was because of Pimping convicted in Vicenza.“
Kleine Zeitung, January 28, 2020
„According to the Federal Criminal Police Office, the measures in the course of the corona crisis are leading to a shift in drug trafficking, Pimping and other forms of crime on the Internet.“
heise online, April 10, 2020
„A gang becomes drug trafficking, illicit gun possession and Pimping accused. The main culprits ran a bar in Schönaich. There was even a shooting there on Easter 2019.“
Stuttgarter Zeitung, August 9, 2020
„In Hesse the police have a man and a woman on suspicion of Pimping and forced prostitution arrested. The police asked other possible victims to come forward.“
Spiegel Online, July 8th, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary that contain "pimping":
Kober:… IPA: [ˈkoːbɐ] Meaning of the word / definition: 1) Landlord of individual rooms; Landlord 2) pimping person 3) customer of a prostitute Origin of the term: since ...
Rhyme: German: -aɪ̯:… Black painting Schwarzseherei Animal cruelty Polygamy Folklore Winery pimping five-syllable Eyewash Know-it-all Eulenspiegelei ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Zuhalterei" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (20.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Zuhaltenerei/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "pimping" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Pimp (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular pimp; Plural pimps genitive: ...
Pimps (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Zu | häl | te | rin | nen Grammatical features: nominative plural of ...
Pimps (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Zu | häl | tern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈʦuːˌhɛltɐn]…
Pimp (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Zu | häl | ters Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈʦuːˌhɛltɐs]…
Home (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: Einzahl das Zuhäusl; Plural die Zuhäusln genitive: ...
At home (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Zu | häusln Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌt͡suˈhɔɪ̯zl̩n]…
Home (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Zu | häusls Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌʦuˈhɔɪ̯zl̩s]…
listeners (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular listener; Plural listener genitive: singular ...
Listener (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular listener; Majority of listeners genitive: ...
Listeners (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Listening | listening | rin | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: ...
Listeners (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Listening | Listening Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈʦuːˌhøːʀɐn]…
Listener (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Listeners Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈʦuːˌhøːʀɐs]…
- How did Confucianism come to Japan
- How do you get rich in Africa
- What did the White Australia Policy say
- Can perfumes kill brain cells
- Why is genealogy important
- Is the universe created physically or physically
- How does Salah save us from evil
- What is Taobao Daigou
- How well do Italians speak English
- Where can I find business angels
- What can I do to reduce anxiety?
- Is Kalasalingam better than Saveeta
- How valued should wealth be
- Who speaks a language called Mudderschproch
- Malay children are allowed to question Islam
- Eyes grow as you get older
- Did China win the Korean War?
- Why do some people walk loudly
- What is the scope of building construction
- What is your most memorable learning experience
- Multiple typhoons hurricanes can merge cyclones
- What documents are required for citizenship
- What use is empathy really
- Why do escalators not have start buttons