Hoteliers use chemical-free cleaning products
We do not engage third parties to use products or raw materials that have been manufactured with hazardous or potentially hazardous chemicals instead of us. In order to assume responsibility towards our customers and the environment in accordance with our corporate governance principles, we insist on compliance and monitoring of chemical-free products and production standards in relation to our core business. Our chemistry guidelines serve both our business partners and us as a guideline for the implementation of sustainable processes for the design of chemical-free products, production processes and complete supply chains. For every new product or raw material that we purchase or a partnership in which we are involved, a member of the management team must confirm in writing that compliance with this policy has been documented and met.
2. Scope of application
The Chemicals Directive applies to all of our products, our internal production and logistics processes and the supply chain up to the source of our raw materials.
3. Commitment to chemical-free products and production
For all relevant private label products, RICHARD BEHR & CO GmbH (RICHARD BEHR & CO) demands compliance with all legal provisions and aspects of chemicals in 2008 and 2010. For the production and trade of products, the "three most important measures of a chemical-free business" must be taken into account :
- 100% chemical and toxin-free products
- 100% chemical-free production with no permanent chemical footprint
- 100% application of the same standards for packaging
We are committed to chemical-free products, packaging and production standards at all stages of the supply chain.
RICHARD BEHR & CO pursues the goal of actively expanding its range of 100% natural products, production and packaging that come from production facilities that demonstrably apply chemical standards that go beyond the legal requirements. In addition, our suppliers are obliged to work at all stages of the production chain, i. H. From the fattening company to the processor to the retail trade to comply with minimum chemical standards (see Corporate Governance Principles / Chemicals Act 2008 and 2010). RICHARD BEHR & CO is a member of the Business Environmental Performance Initiative BEPI and implements its standards and codes of conduct along the entire supply chain.
4. Requirements and implementation
We are actively committed to compliance with chemical standards and have already taken specific measures in the following areas, among others:
Chemical customer standards
Our customers are among the strongest drivers and champions of industrial convergence in our industry towards sustainability standards for products, packaging and production. We work with our clients to help them formulate their standards and goals and to monitor progress towards the goals. We follow our highest customer standards.
Requirements for our products and raw materials
RICHARD BEHR & CO sources products exclusively from manufacturers who adhere to all local and international sustainability standards and / or are certified accordingly. This enables us to avoid the use of chemical elements that contribute to environmental pollution.
Textile-related environmental chemistry topics
RICHARD BEHR & CO follows all textile environmental and chemical topics and always strives to adhere to the latest standards, tests and labeling standards.
- All of our products are Ökotex certified and are therefore tested by third parties. Our Oekotex certification proves that no harmful substances are emitted - neither in our fabrics nor in our fillers or mattress cores.
- All natural fillings are Daunasan and Daunafresh certified, which guarantees environmentally friendly processes and HYGIENE according to DIN EIN 12935.
- We work in accordance with the DETOX campaign by Greenpeace, audited by third-party providers who check that no toxic water is discharged into the environment in our entire supply chain, which is particularly sensitive to bleaching and dyeing processes for the substances in our products.
- We are increasingly buying organic, GOTS and Fairtrade certified cotton.
Third Party Audits
- RICHARD BEHR & CO uses the following third-party audited standards to monitor compliance with these guidelines:
- RICHARD BEHR & CO is certified to use Oekotex for its fabrics, fillings and mattress cores
- RICHARD BEHR & CO produces NOMITE labels for allergy sufferers
- RICHARD BEHR & CO issues Downafresh labels for compliance with EU hygiene standards
- RICHARD BEHR & CO fabrics are certified skin-friendly by the Hohenstein Institute
- RICHARD BEHR & CO And our entire supply chain for natural pillows and blankets is IDFL-certified and audited
Detergents and cleaning agents
As far as the development of detergents is concerned, the detergent industry is subject to the statutory provisions of the Chemicals Act 2008 and its extension in 2010. For example, the law prohibits the testing of purer ingredients on animals as long as there are scientifically satisfactory as well as practical results alternatives to the corresponding tests. In addition, all products produced by RICHARD BEHR & CO are examined for potential for a switch to vegan alternatives, as well as for biodegradability, which means that no animal ingredients are used for their production and they do not leave a sustainable footprint in the environment.
5. Active implementation
At RICHARD BEHR & CO, we implement our chemical requirements in close cooperation with our suppliers. The implementation of our internal requirements is carried out by the purchasing departments with the support of the responsible corporate governance drivers. Specific requirements, goals and measures are also implemented in close cooperation. We monitor implementation at our suppliers and carry out risk-based assessments. We reserve the right to have the requirements of our Chemicals Directive checked by internal and / or external audits, if necessary. In addition, we expect that our suppliers ensure that all employees who are responsible for handling products, machines or packaging and have environmental pollution are effectively trained to carry out routine practices in such a way that environmental pollution is minimized, qualified to good standards to promote chemical use in their areas of responsibility and in accordance with the Chemicals Act 2008 and 2010. This chemistry guideline is part of our terms and conditions. In cases where violations of our policies are found, suppliers must provide corrective action plans that clearly show how relevant violations can be resolved within a specified timeframe. The managing directors are regularly informed about the status of the implementation.
We strive to continuously improve products in our range in order to make them more chemical-free. In this context, we always take into account the wishes of our customers and the market environment. The transition to chemically freer alternatives includes the following:
- Expansion of the range of certified organic products,
- Expand the range of vegan products
- Expansion of the product range to include GOTS and Fairtrade certification
- Implementation of pilot projects to promote high chemical standards
- Improvement of the "chemical-free" conditions for conventional products in cooperation with our suppliers.
Since we want to offer more chemical-free products, an exchange with external partners is essential. We are therefore in close contact with NGOs, representatives from science and stakeholders.
Pilot projects and actions
If necessary, RICHARD BEHR & CO actively implements sustainable practices in our products, packaging and production processes. Here are some pilot projects that RIBECO has already implemented today:
- Our water treatment plant has helped us save water and keep our costs down since the early 1990s.
- Using only biodegradable detergents has enabled us to efficiently dispose of the little sewage we have
- Top marks from all bedding manufacturers on mcgindex.com for providers of sustainable hospitality
- Partner in the pilot program of the first international hospitality provider to create a chemical footprint; led to the best position as a bedding manufacturer
- Completion of the self-assessed STeP audit for sustainable and chemical-free production
- DETOX certification for all of our fabrics, as finished products and as raw materials, especially when it comes to bleaching
We are committed to maintaining these measures, expanding them, and adding more measures as the technology becomes available. We are also part of other pilot projects and initiatives that help shape our industry and its sustainable performance:
The current chemistry guidelines are evaluated every year and adjusted if necessary. In the long term, this is the only way to ensure chemical-free and responsible procurement of our products, packaging and development of our production. In addition, we formulate goals and evaluate the extent to which these goals have been achieved on an annual basis.
- What religion do you practice and why
- What's happening in Iraq right now
- Which is the best billing software
- What is ATS
- What is right about the younger generation
- When did Roman slavery take place?
- Why is money not wealth
- Reads one book too much every day
- How are the Telugu people
- How to calculate the carpet area
- How do I lay out stairs
- Why am I confused in my relationship
- What causes pain during sex
- Why is China more developed than Pakistan
- What if I do an enema
- What is the difference between knitting and crocheting
- How do the Chinese feel about communism?
- How do Israeli Arabs perform Hajj
- What keeps people from being frugal
- What is the real cause of fear
- Do you like perfume
- What is the prezygotic barrier
- Lives Nigeria in Palau
- What should I buy during hyperinflation?