Why don't Muslims eat pork
religion Where does the pork ban come from?
First evidence in Palestine from the post-exilic period
The first written evidence comes from the post-exilic period, i.e. the 5th, 4th or 3rd century. Such bans also have cultural and historical roots. So there are z. For example, there is no ban on eating snake meat, and yet nobody eats this meat.
Through archeology, we can tell that there were different practices regarding the pork ban. We found pig bones in almost all of the localities. Interesting: In the Philistine area - the Philistines immigrated from the Mediterranean area - we have a relatively high percentage of pork bones, while in many places in the area that later became Israel we already have a very small number in the 12th and 11th centuries to have pork bones; it is around one to two percent.
The root of the ban: pigs as a food competitor
For one thing, it was just about taste. In addition, it is certain that the pig is a food competitor for humans. So it's not about purity, but simply about food competition. In a country where it is difficult to keep afloat by farming, pigs are a great danger because they could devastate the fields. Therefore, they wanted to have as few pigs as possible. There were wild boars, especially in the Jordan Trench, which caused a lot of damage. The desire to contain this risk is arguably the historical root of the pork ban.
- Why do so many Americans hate Muslims
- What were Stalin's political views
- The term brogrammer is sexist
- Are baby boomers interested in antiaging?
- How can I stop drinking soft drinks
- You can make tea in British tanks
- Are you in the second year
- Russians like potatoes
- How is Jim Rogers personally?
- At what age did your child move out?
- Which countries offer free abortions?
- Non-European countries had colonies
- Who decides about fate
- What makes Juuling addicting?
- Who usually uses a virtual office
- What are some arguments against unit testing
- Why do people do immoral activities
- How can I always be motivated
- What's the best part of Italian cuisine
- How to write change in Chinese
- Robin Williams had Lewy body dementia
- How can an employer defend themselves against discrimination
- Why should you visit Texas
- What is life according to philosophy