Where is the TVS Motor Company located
TVS Motor Company
TVS Motor Company Limited (formerly TVS Suzuki, Indo Suzuki Motorcycles Pvt. Ltd. and Indian Motorcycle Pvt. Ltd.) is an Indian two-wheeler and commercial vehicle manufacturer based in Chennai. It belongs to the TVS Group and is considered their most important company.
The two-wheelers produced were under the brand names TVS (earlier too Ind Suzuki or TVS Suzuki) expelled. The moped was one of the first models from 1980 XL super (at first TVS-50), of which more than ten million pieces had been produced by 2015. This makes it the only moped in the list of the ten best-selling motorcycles in India. In 1992 the new models samurai and Shogun introduced. The new scooter came in 1993 TVS Scooty on the market, which after a few years was geared towards female customers. The new moped model followed in 1997 XL super. In the same year TVS was the first manufacturer in the Indian market to offer a scooter (Spectra) with a four-stroke engine. The Scooty streak aimed at a young target group from 2009 onwards.
The TVS Motor Company was the first to offer a 100 cc motorcycle with a catalytic converter and the first 150 cc motorcycle with a four-stroke engine in India. TVS also played a pioneering role in India with the first motorcycle with automatic transmission and the anti-lock braking system.
In 2007, the TVS Motor Company presented their first auto rickshaw, the TVS King.
The most important models from TVS Motor in 2014 were Apache, Phoenix, Flame, Star City, Wego, Scooty Streak and Scooty Pep. By the beginning of 2019, 50,000 BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS had been produced as part of the cooperation with BMW. The TVS Apache RR 310 is also based on these sister models.
TVS Motor Company has had its own racing department with TVS Racing since 1983. In the beginning, mopeds were brought up to 105 km / h. From 1988 to 1999 TVS Racing scored 159 victories at 185 events. From 2000 to 2013 there were even 201 victories in 222 races. In 2015, TVS Racing formed that with Sherco Sherco TVS RallyFactory team, making it the first Indian team to take part in the Dakar Rally.
In the 11th episode of season 2 of The Grand Tour, Richard Hammond uses a TVS Star for a 320 km drive through Mozambique.
- ↑ abcdTVS Motor Limited. 26th Annual Report 2017-2018 at www.tvsmotor.com.
- ↑ converted at the rate on the balance sheet date, March 31, 2018
- ↑ abThe TVS Group. In: tvsgroup.com. Retrieved April 22, 2019.
- ↑ abcdefGAmit Kumar Arora, Pramod Kumar Garg: Negative Working Capital Can be a Positive Sign for The Success— A Case Study of TVS Motor Company. In: International Journal of Management. Volume 2, No. 2, August 2014, pp. 63–69 (mitpublications.org [PDF]).
- ↑ Ruth Rembaum-Max: A moped for everyone. In: evolution.skf.com. May 15, 1998, Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- ↑ Shantanu Banerjee, Arijit Mukherjee: Joint venture instability in developing countries under entry. In: International Review of Economics and Finance. Volume 19, 2010, pp. 603-614.
- ↑BMW Motorrad plans to enter the segment below 500ccm. BMW Motorrad and TVS Motor Company sign cooperation agreement. In: press.bmwgroup.com. April 8, 2013, accessed May 5, 2019.
- ↑ Jochen Vorfelder: Delivery stop for the BMW G 310 R: false start of a bearer of hope. In: Mirror online. January 12, 2017, accessed May 5, 2019.
- ↑ N.S. Siddharthan: Differential behavior of the Japanese affiliates in the Indian automobile sector. In: Japan and the World Economy. Volume 10, 1998, pp.97-109.
- ↑Bajaj Auto increases three-wheeler market share to 58.15%. In: autocarpro.in. April 10, 2019, accessed April 23, 2019.
- ↑Norton buy-out brings hope for deposit holders. Retrieved May 14, 2020.
- ↑TVS XL Super crosses major milestone in sales, special edition launched. In: auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com. July 3, 2015, accessed May 5, 2019.
- ↑ Women On Wheels (Memento from July 17, 2011 in Internet Archive)
- ↑TVS Motor rolls out 50,000th unit of BMW 310cc series motorcycle. In: steelguru.com. January 24, 2019, accessed May 5, 2019.
- ↑34 Years of TVS Racing: A look at TVS’s rich history in motorsports. In: motoroids.com. November 22, 2016, accessed May 6, 2019.
- ↑ Kennedy Paul: Richard Hammond Rides A TVS Star In 'The Grand Tour' Season Two. In: drivespark.com. February 18, 2018, accessed May 5, 2019.
- Why do you like being with the military
- Which actress has a bra size of 40?
- Men work hardest
- How do we eliminate begging in India
- Why is weed still illegal in India
- What color is camo green
- Which keyboard is best under INR 13000
- Russia is dangerous today
- Hated Sikh Gurus, Muslims and Hindus
- Which sura contains all the names of the prophets?
- How do you recognize an obedient woman
- How do you say Wie in German
- Skype is still used
- Is sushi popular in South Korea
- Why is reggae music so popular
- What is the best pc laptop maker
- Sleeping spiders
- How old are juniors in high school
- Why did Jon prefer Sansa to Daenerys
- What is your long term investment
- What's your favorite Thrice album
- Can someone have NPD and bipolar
- All Europeans are slaves
- Why are men's feelings not important