Cola still contains cocaine
Was cocaine really in Coca Cola?
It sounds like a bad joke to our ears today that Coca Cola actually used to contain cocaine. There's really something to these rumors. We took a look around the past of what is arguably the world's most controversial drink.
Coca Cola as medicine
For now one should calm the mind, today there is certainly no more cocaine in the Coca Cola. Even if it is very popular, the drink is still far from healthy. The inventor of Coca Cola actually had exactly this ulterior motive. It should be prescribed for headache, depression, or sexual aversion. To produce these effects, the effervescent contained not only cocaine, but also alcohol and the natural aphrodisiac damiana.
A pharmacist invented it
The origin of Coca Cola goes back to a pharmacist named John Pemperton. He himself was addicted to morphine and wanted to get his own addiction under control with his invention. With the prohibition law in the USA, however, one was then forced to change the recipe of his medicine.
No more cocaine in Coca Cola
In 1887, the Coca Cola Company bought his recipe from the pharmacist a year before his death. The recipe was changed from Coca Cola in 1903 and is arguably the company's best-kept secret to this day. Up until this point, however, cocaine was still used in its manufacture. It is believed, however, that extracts from coca leaves are still in the drink today. However, the cocaine it contains is withdrawn beforehand.
- Is it healthy to eat rice at breakfast?
- How do you pronounce a niche
- Why do union workers make more money
- How good is Oxford University for Indians
- How common is gas lighting
- Why are children smarter today?
- How to avoid eye contact, of course
- Which profession does the least for mankind
- What is the scope of building construction
- Who invented speaker technology
- Why love marriage is mostly unsuccessful
- Is it worth doing surveys
- Why do cats clean themselves
- Why is China against unification of Korea
- Have you ever missed a death sentence
- What is a dress code
- At what price will Bitcoin stop crashing?
- What is petrochemical
- Can I hack a fraudster
- Is coffee the best breakfast drink
- What is healthier tea or coffee
- How do I deal with bitchy colleagues
- Is calmly desirable
- What meat do the Turks eat