Dies UX Design
Web design is certainly not dead!
Web design is certainly not dead. It is amazing how far we have come in the last twenty years! From frames to portal pages to flash websites and now blocky sites; Web 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and so on - why should this evolution stop? We may be at the forefront of a current trend in web design right now, but I have no doubt that it will continue to develop. As always. . .
There are all of these great templates and frameworks out there that anyone can use to design a solid site. Do we really have to keep reinventing the wheel? A blog remains a blog, a portfolio remains a portfolio, and the same goes for the news or e-commerce website. We have hundreds of templates to choose from and in most cases they work almost better than many custom templates.
The automation of templates and easy-to-use tools have made space for what really matters: the Quality of the content. Just because it's super easy to make a decent website doesn't mean you have to. If you don't have anything useful to say, it might be better to shut up and not clutter the web with mediocre content.
"What story do you want to tell?"
Put your time, energy and money into original content! It takes time to write a good text, record and edit a captivating video, take a stunning photo or compose original music. And it takes even more attention to knit all of these elements together into a coherent story. What is the story supposed to tell? What emotions do you want to evoke? Who do you want to reach with it? And why should anyone care?
I wonder, We're still going the wrong way. We choose templates, layouts and frameworks first and then decide what content to insert there. We have to change that - well First design the content and then decide which container is best. Creating templates and making a website usable and easy to navigate is easy today. Finding out which story to tell is a lot harder. But that is exactly what has to happen.
Without question, there is an incredible amount of homogeneity out there. But every now and then you stumble upon a website that is really great and you pause for a moment. As a rule, the convincing Combination of an original story, great content, a good user experience, design expertise and relentless attention to detail.
Web design today: The PAGE magazine 01.2016 deals with this topic in great detail! You can read more about this in the booklet that you can order here in the PAGE Shop!
You might also be interested in
- Can a boy be girlish?
- How do I stop abusing myself
- Where to find bread in Paris
- Why do some countries criminalize instant divorce?
- Why is concrete replacing bituminous roads
- Think Canadians, Americans have accents
- What can you buy with Monero
- How are corn flakes mass-produced
- Are helicopter parents bad parents
- Mixed women are generally more attractive
- Has anyone ever hit his own mother
- What does credibility do
- How to learn Github using an example
- Why don't men read love books anymore?
- How do modern Indonesians feel about Soekarno?
- Which is the strongest country in Europe
- A return on investment of 19 is good
- What math is used in weather forecasting
- Why is it so difficult to find a graduation job
- What have everyone achieved this week
- Why is nothing easy in life
- Which company offers event management software?
- Where can a Muslim woman get a divorce?
- How are India's relations with its neighbors