Firefighters in the US are overpaid
Greedy bankers, poor educators | Who too much and
who earns too little
What is the fair wage? This question is currently dividing the grand coalition and is always the subject of political debate – in many countries around the world, a new survey shows.
While the fight for the minimum wage is raging in Germany, the Americans are also concerned with the question of which occupational groups are overpaid and which are underpaid.
The US business magazine "Business Insider" let its readers decide. They agree: The income in the financial sector is a thorn in their side, farm workers and educators earn far too little.
For the vote, the magazine compiled a list of 50 professional groups. The “Business Insider” disclosed the average annual wages for each group. In this way, the readers were able to form their judgment about the earning potential in the different professional groups - and decide whose performance is appropriately remunerated, who earns too much money and whose wages are insolently low. 400 readers took part in the vote. Therefore, while the results are not representative, they do provide an understanding of how many Americans feel about which incomes are fair - and which are unfair.
Top 10 overpaid jobs
|1||Finance manager||77,3%||0,9%||123.260 $|
|2||Board members and business|
leaders of companies
|3||Financial analysts and|
|4||Real estate agent||57,6%||1,9%||80. 220 $|
|6||dentists||53,4%||3,6%||166. 910 $|
|7||Agents of athletes |
|9||Surgeons||49%||5,4%||230. 540 $|
|10||pharmacist||48,2%||4,9%||114. 950 $|
► The result: finance managers in particular are in the pillory. Not even 1% of the respondents rate their wages as too low. The overwhelming majority of 77% of respondents think they are getting way too much. The striking distance to the CEOs in the USA is striking. Third place is followed by a professional group that is also out and about in the financial jungle: The merits of financial advisors and analysts also make many Americans clench their fists in their pockets with anger. In plain language: the industry, which was highly respected before the financial crisis, has fallen deeply in respect.
Top 10 underpaid jobs
wages per year
|1||Workers in rural|
|2||Educator / carer in the|
|5||Building cleaners||77,7%||1,2%||23.970 $|
|7||Fast Food Employee|
Chains & Switches
|8||Factory workers||71,2%||2,5%||30.970 $|
|9||Teacher||68,8%||5,5 %||57.700 $|
|10||Hairdressers||68,5%||1,2%||26. 820 $|
► In the ranking of wages that violate the sense of justice of the Americans, the farm workers and child educators come first. Americans also see the merits of service providers such as cooks, waiters and building cleaners as unfair. The public scolding teachers popular in Germany seems alien to the Americans. The wages of their children's high school teachers are too low for them.
- How is legal cannabis doing in Canada
- What is the tastiest salmon
- What are your favorite spicy Indian snacks
- Makes job security lazy workers
- What was Ted Bundy's IQ
- Skype is still used
- What are the computer graphics tools
- Like boys, gamer girls
- What instantly ruins a song for you
- Why do guys have engagement problems
- How do I say boner in Japanese
- Why don't Americans eat fish for breakfast?
- How do I track the presence of employees
- Has product placement ever been properly done?
- Lunch combined with dinner means something
- What is Pier Civil Engineering
- Do I still exist when nothing exists
- What problems would you like to have
- Have you ever met an inappropriate doctor
- What is involuntary unemployment
- Jews want to make Europe Islamic
- Does someone suffer from night sweats
- What are the best speeches by Cicero
- Can someone have NPD and bipolar