Do you like Chanel 19
Lexicon of useless knowledge: what about Chanel No. 4 and No. 6?
Someone specific Johannis Maria Farinawho came from Italy, invented a perfume in the early 18th century. Because he was in Cologne lived and worked, he called it "Eau de Cologne", as" Water from Cologne ". And because there was no trademark protection at that time, the term" Eau de Cologne "quickly became a synonym for a certain type of perfume.
I had to think of that recently when I was talking to a deodorant sprayed. The term "deodorant" (actually "Deodorant") comes from the Latin and means "Unraveling". "Perfume" Incidentally, it also comes from Latin - from"per fumum"what translates "through smoke" is called and of the earlier usual way, through Incense sticks to improve the smell in rooms.
So when I was standing in front of the mirror, it suddenly occurred to me most famous perfume in the world a - "Chanel No. 5 ". "There is actually one too Chanel No. 4 and a No. 6th? "I asked myself immediately. And got the answer on the Internet.
That is "No!". Because the company "Chanel" once hired a perfumer for their newly founded perfume company, who had previously worked for his old company several times Test perfumes had designed. That was what he offered Coco Chanel at which the 5th sample liked best. Which also found the name ...
- How do you feel without your cat
- What are the job options in BMS
- How does it look in Haiti these days
- Why is it difficult to save money
- Have you ever stolen from your job
- What are the great startups for preschool
- Coded a blue collar job
- Is a mobile business in India successful
- What are westerners doing wrong with China?
- Are nurses overcompensated in the UK
- How can I get remote writes
- Should Italy leave the euro
- Narcissists hate being ignored
- What are the characteristics of lovable people
- Girl what drew you to your boyfriend
- Why is data analytics important in healthcare
- How do you play skyrim
- Can you use yuan in Hong Kong?
- What are narcissists obsessed with?
- What percentage of teenagers skip breakfast regularly?
- Should SaaS companies outsource their demos
- Which ideologies value discipline
- How can western startups be successful in China?
- Is happiness everything in life