Can a boy be girlish?
Part of speech: adjectiveIncreases:
- positive girlish, Comparative more girlish, Superlative most girly
- mäd | chen | haft, comparative: mäd | chen | haf | ter, superlative: am mäd | chen | haf | tes
- IPA: [ˈMɛːtçənhaft], comparative: [ˈmɛːtçənhaftɐ], superlative: [ˈmɛːtçənhaftəstn̩]
- 1) like a girl, like a girl
- Derivation of girl with the derivative (derivative morpheme) -like
- 1) boyish, boyish
- 1) “Whether the reader sees the Effi Briest as a young but adult woman or as a girlish was up to everyone. "
- 1) girlishAppearance, behavior
- English: 1) girlish
- Swedish: 1) Flickaktig
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„From extremely provocative to girlish Playful: When stars are carried out by their loved ones, they naturally also want to impress with their outfits.“
Gala.de, September 16, 2018
„'My family thought we were oriental and girlish play, 'says the guitarist.“
n-tv.de, April 14, 2019
„The Chancellor rose on tiptoe, grabbed the President, smiled girlish ecstatic to finally nestle her forehead against his temple: a man and a woman, removed from the world for the moment.“
Achgut.com, November 12, 2018
„The short sleeves and the round neckline let it go girlish Act. On the other hand, the skirt part of the robe, which was made in balloon style, looked elegant. Ratajkowski only combined a silver earring with the striking dress.“
Brigitte.de, November 6, 2018
„The asylum authorities have criticized the asylum decision, according to which a homosexual Iraqi is considered to be 'to girly ' was rejected, checked immediately. The decision did not contain any 'clichéd formulations', it said.“
DiePresse.com, 23 August 2018
„We'll show you how to combine the delicate ice cream tones without too much girlish to act. The wishy-washy weather doesn't really play along when it comes to spring, our wardrobe, on the other hand, longs for a fresh breeze.“
Brigitte.de, March 7, 2020
„That is an 'iconic' figure that shows that you are at the same time girlish and can be smart, writes Kaling on Twitter.“
stern.de, May 20, 2020
„We almost didn't recognize her: The US singer Lana Del Rey shows herself in a recent selfie on Instagram without make-up and girlish.“
Day 24, May 13, 2020
„The actress and singer Christel Peschke has died. She played on the city's stages for around 40 years girlish and yet resolute charm.“
Augsburger Allgemeine, October 23, 2020
„With 'Cassandra Darke', the Englishwoman Posy Simmonds achieves an almost impossible feat: Her graphic novel about a fun brake is age-wise, age-mild and at the same time enchanting girlish.“
Spiegel Online, November 18, 2019
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Grammar / Declinations
Inflection girlish - The declension of the adjective girlish
|Masculine||the girlish one||of the girlish||the girlish||the girlish|
|Feminine||the girlish||the girlish||the girlish||the girlish|
|neuter||the girlish||of the girlish||the girlish||the girlish|
|Plural||the girlish||the girlish||the girlish||the girlish|
|Masculine||a girlish one||of a girlish||a girlish one||a girlish one|
|Feminine||a girlish one||a girlish one||a girlish one||a girlish one|
|neuter||a girlish one||of a girlish||a girlish one||a girlish one|
|Feminine||girlish||more girlish||more girlish||girlish|
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- decent: in line with the (rather prudish) sexual morality; according to the rules of conduct; moral integrity; coll. full, good
- virgin: upscale, obsolete: as a girl / woman untouched, i.e. without having already practiced sexual intercourse / cohabitation; transferred as a landscape / object still untouched, i.e. not discovered, used, entered or the like
- chaste: abstinence from sex; according to certain moral conditions
- purely: completely unpolluted; without bad thoughts (especially sexual); exclusively, completely
- demure: obsolete: in accordance with good morals; obsolete, by women: reluctant towards men
- immaculate (Bibl.): without pollution; morally pure
- untouched: not attacked (with hands); not changed by human influences; of female persons: not having had sexual intercourse yet; not affected, not affected
- blameless: due to irreproachable behavior with a good reputation, free from public censure
- innocent: without guilt, not guilty; morally and morally pure, incapable of sin; containing nothing bad or bad; without sexual experience
- chaste: having a high degree of decency, behaving morally and morally
- (very young
- very young: very young, almost childlike
- boyish: like a boy, like a boy
- childlike: Same or similar to a child, in the state of a child
- boyish: have a figure, a face or a haircut like a boy or be dressed like a boy
- underage: not grown up in the legal sense
- outrageously young (coll.)
Another word (synonym) for girlish - source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "girlish":
girl: ... Girls 3) Girls for everything Derived words: girl's eye, girlish, girl trafficking, girl class, girl name, girl boarding school, girl school ...
thirty: ... but your thirty. modern: there were thirty of them. 2) For thirty she still looks very girlish. 3) You have to drive thirty here. Typical word combinations: 1) to ...
παρθένος: ... had: virgin, girl 2) general: unmarried woman 3) adjectival: virgin, girlish 4) adjectival, transferred: pure, chaste Origin of the term: the etymology ...
Bridal veil: ... hands put the bridal veil over the beautiful, blonde head of the girl. "1)" Very elegant, girlishly chaste in her myrtle-strewn bridal veil walked Dora Delfert on the ...
boyish: boyish Female word forms: 1) girlish Examples of use: 1) "Scientific studies have found that girls' books are almost exclusively addressed to women and are rigorously rejected by boys, while boyish books, e.g.
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Girlish" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (20.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/mädchenhaft/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "girly" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
girlish (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | te Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
girlish (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | tem Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
girlish (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more girlish (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | ter Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more girlish (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | te | re Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more girlish (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | te | rem Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more girlish (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | te | ren Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more girlish (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | te | rer pronunciation / stress: IPA:…
more girlish (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | te | res Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
girlish (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | tes Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
most girly (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | tes | te Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
girly (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | tes | tem Pronunciation / stress: IPA:…
most girly (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: mäd | chen | haf | tes | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- Which are the best cheap smartphones
- Should the marriage have an age
- Has anyone been hired to do whitetruffle?
- Why do modern marriages fail
- Who called it Bangladesh
- Past life events as dreams
- Can perfumes be protected by copyright
- When does it show up badly
- Good programmers are underpaid
- What did the White Australia Policy say
- How online home-made food delivery works
- What is UK Shift
- What is an expat tax
- Can stretch make you bigger permanently
- What does that mean in C ++
- Are construction managers asked
- What are male trains
- What makes great things great
- What popes were born in Africa
- How does Github discharge employees
- Which actress has the best ass
- Why did Australian universities piss off Chinese students?
- Why is rapeseed oil banned in Europe?
- Is social work a job?