What are China's main imports and exports
China's imports are increasing significantly
The first official figures on imports for this year, published by the Beijing Ministry of Agriculture, are now available. Accordingly, in January and February 2019 the import of pork including by-products increased by around 19,000 t or 10.1 percent to 207,040 t compared to the same period in the previous year. The increase in import expenditure was weaker by 4.3 percent to 365 million US dollars (325 million euros). Since demand picked up again strongly in March and April, according to analysts, higher rates of increase are to be expected for this period.
It is noticeable that Chinese beef imports grew much faster and were even higher than for pork during the period under review. According to the ministry, a total of 209,880 tons of beef was imported; that was 74,150 t or a good half more than in the first two months of 2018.
The reason for this is probably that the consumers in the People's Republic, unsettled by the African swine fever (ASF), are increasing their consumption of other types of meat at the expense of pork and so the need for imports is growing. The importers spent 950 million US dollars (847 million euros) on the international purchase of beef, which means that the import bill was a good 50 percent higher than in the previous year.
Poultry meat was one of the much more popular products, the import volume of which increased by 37.1 percent to 82,500 t compared to January and February 2018. In addition, at 67,360 t, 19.4 percent more sheep meat was imported. Overall, the purchase volume of meat increased by 17.3 percent to 739,950 t compared to the same period in the previous year, with the import value increasing by 23.7 percent to 2.10 billion US dollars (1.87 billion euros).
According to the Chinese foreign trade statistics, the import of milk powder also showed a high growth rate of 26.0 percent to 365,470 t; Overall, dairy imports increased by 16.6 percent to 623,040 t. In the case of soybean imports, however, the trade conflict with the USA and the falling pig populations had an impact: compared to the first two months of 2018, imports fell by 2.07 million t or 14.9 percent to 11.83 million t . In addition, the import of grain products fell by 15.7 percent to 16.1 million t.
The currency information is based on an exchange rate of 1 US dollar = 0.8892 euros.
- Which country is the most libertarian
- What are some work from home opportunities
- The term brogrammer is sexist
- Why are you against free speech
- How do I stop cracking my back
- Optimism can prolong life
- How many steadfast friends do you have
- What's your favorite neighborhood in Sacramento
- What are your duties to your country
- What if you are missing everything
- What makes a character complex
- Why don't some people wash their hands?
- What causes a rash in the internal groin area
- What are the best animated films from Pixars
- What is the theory behind bluegrass
- Is there a need for social justice
- Why do some people always feel incomplete
- What is the name of the fencing sword
- Everyone lives in his own world
- How does climate change work
- Everyone lives in his own world
- Is overrated Chartered Accountancy in India
- Is Japan a forgotten country
- What Roman Catholic doctrines are infallible