Is it difficult to be a mechanic
The job description:
Motor vehicle mechatronics technician
In the past, vehicle technology mainly meant mechanics; today, integrated mechanical, electronic and digital technology systems are used. The automotive job profiles have long since adapted to this development: In 2001 the car mechanic and the car electrician became the car mechatronics technician. Vehicle mechatronics technicians are not only familiar with drive trains, body panels and transmissions, but also with on-board computers, anti-lock braking systems (ABS), drive slip controls (ASR) or electronically controlled driving stability programs (ESP).
Motorcar mechanic ...
- are active in the motor vehicle trade or in the automotive industry.
- work in workshops (craft) or manufacturing plants (industry).
- take care of equipping, converting and retrofitting vehicles.
- maintain and repair motor vehicles.
- explain vehicle technology issues to customers.
The tasks as a motor vehicle mechatronics technician
Automotive mechatronics technicians can work in the automotive industry as well as in the automotive trade. While the processes in the industrial production systems are typically strictly regulated and precisely coordinated, in craft businesses the focus is more on working independently on the vehicle. A car mechatronics technician puts modern automobiles through their paces: if he finds faults, he fixes them, if he finds damage, he corrects them.
Automotive mechatronics technicians know how to install, maintain, repair and replace mechanical, electronic and mechatronic components. With the advances in vehicle technology, the way that vehicles work has also changed: Of course, wrenches and oil rags are still part of the basic equipment of a vehicle mechatronics technician, but they should also be able to handle computer-controlled testing devices.
Training and requirements
The most important basis for future automotive mechatronics technicians is technical and craft know-how. The companies also attach great importance to math skills and the compulsory command of the language. Because automotive mechatronics technicians in the trade are in direct contact with customers, they also need appropriate communication skills: for example, to explain the new components to a customer after a vehicle has been converted.
Motor vehicle mechatronics technician is a recognized apprenticeship. The dual training lasts 3.5 years and takes place in the vocational school and in the company. In the third year of the apprenticeship, you choose one of four specializations: car technology, commercial vehicle technology, motorcycle technology, body technology or system and high-voltage technology. If the performance is very good, the final examination can be brought forward, trainees and trainers must submit a corresponding application.
The training allowance
An overview of the average monthly remuneration of prospective motor vehicle mechatronics technicians in the trade (AJ = training year):
West German federal states
East German federal states
Source: Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (2021)
- How do I learn to snowboard quickly
- How can the Science Olympiad be improved?
- Why is the Spitfire submarine considered important
- Is it possible to create life?
- Tech companies lay off older employees
- Why do dogs smell after being outside
- Why don't weather forecasts use machine learning?
- What does a common house look like
- Which newspapers do you read regularly?
- Why is under cooked steak rarely mentioned
- What do you love most about life
- What is the living situation like in Japan
- What are the historical shrines of Goa
- Hoteliers use chemical-free cleaning products
- Do music texts influence our emotions
- Why did Anthony Bourdain hate Guy Fieri
- What is the oral tradition of Judaism
- How many CSS properties are there
- How is high school in the US
- Should I eat 40 proteins a day
- How do people become dysfunctional
- How can blockchain improve supply chains
- Why does life never help me
- Why CA is needed in a company
- Is Hinduism a diabolical religion
- Where are the internships in the field of biomedical engineering
- Have you ever met an assassin?
- Will Jungkook from BTS go out with Billie Eilish
- Is it possible to stroke a bear?
- Do you prefer smartphones or laptops
- How often do Americans clean their homes
- Do you like perfume
- What was your worst neighbor experience
- What does God do on Sunday