Can the average student be a topper
How much sleep do you really need?
So the length of sleep affects the body and mind
The length of our night's sleep has a major impact on ours physical and mental well-being. Everyone probably knows this “worn out” feeling after a night that is too short. In fact, too little sleep means that our body cannot recover and regenerate sufficiently. The result: We are tired and unable to concentrate.
However, very few people notice that too much sleep is not good for us either. Did you always think you couldn't get enough sleep? We know how nice and cozy your Schlaraffia box spring bed is! Nevertheless, one should not sleep too long, because then the cognitive abilities, such as learning, attention, orientation or creativity, decrease. Sleeping too much also increases the risk of diabetes or obesity.
How much sleep you need depends on your age
How many hours of sleep per night you actually need depends on your age. Babies and toddlers need the most sleep. In the first eleven months, the optimal length of sleep is 12 to 17 hours. Toddlers between the ages of one and five need 10 to 14 hours of sleep a night. This has to do with the fact that the body is growing rapidly and needs a night's rest to develop. Sensory impressions also have an even stronger effect on babies and toddlers, so that a lot of sleep is needed to be able to process everything.
Over time, the amount of sleep required decreases. From around six years of age, nine to eleven hours of sleep are sufficient. teenager between 14 and 17 years of age need a little less sleep, namely eight to ten hours. Physical development is almost complete at this age, so the need for sleep decreases.
As Adult The amount of sleep you need per night remains mostly unchanged into old age and is around seven to nine hours of sleep. You can only get by with a shorter night's sleep from the age of 65.
How do I know how much sleep I need?
These averages can of course vary from person to person. It is therefore advisable to observe your own body. This is the best way to tell if you your optimal sleep quota achieve or not.
When the alarm goes off in the morning and when you get up, pay attention to how you are feeling. Are you fit and do you feel like you can start the day well? Or do you need a coffee first to get going? In that case the night was probably too short. If you are often tired during the day or you have trouble concentrating, this may also be due to your sleep schedule.
If you have several days off in a row and don't have to get up at a certain time, you can find out how much sleep your body needs. Make sure to create optimal conditions for falling asleep, for example not eating heavy meals in the evening and not drinking alcohol. Go to bed when you are tired and sleep until you wake up on your own. If you feel well rested and fit, you have slept long enough - so check the clock to see how long your night's sleep was. Remember that it takes the body a while to adjust to a new rhythm. You should therefore observe your sleep duration for a few days in a row and then determine the average duration.
Sleep in - good or bad?
If you have to go to work early during the week or get the children ready for kindergarten and school, you can look forward to sleeping in on the weekend or on vacation (if the children allow it 😉). But Sleeping in is a good idea?
In fact, if your bedtime and how long you sleep change regularly, it upsets the body. For example, if you stay up late on Friday and Saturday and thus get up later, you won't be tired until later on Sunday. Unfortunately, the alarm clock rings mercilessly on Monday morning - although you are actually still tired after falling asleep late. Sleep in on the weekend is also problematic if you sleep significantly more than usual. Switching from six hours of sleep to eleven is an extreme change for the body. So can no restful sleep-wake rhythm to adjust. For your sleep quality, it is therefore advisable to only sleep a maximum of three hours more on the weekend than during the week.
- How would you define a bad relationship
- Why don't some people wash their hands?
- What is the best light leaf blower
- Can an Indian marry a Swedish girl?
- What are some unique YouTube channels
- What are some good Burmese dishes
- What do Koreans think of Russian women
- Was Hitler one of the good guys
- Were giants really in the Bible
- How can you withdraw crypto currency
- How is the process of deforestation
- Do you like london
- Why do so many people study business
- Should be single in your 20s
- What can you write a book about?
- Undercover narcissists get worse over time
- Are people naturally unequal
- Which investments did not crash in 2008?
- How is IB Informatik
- What are your favorite food colors
- Would you consider aging a disease
- Will failure in a class affect my career?
- Can romance cause pregnancy
- Women want to marry more than men
- What's wrong with Dubai's economy
- How can I masturbate without getting acne
- Are Indians Asian or White
- Is food from China safe to eat
- What do you think of social work
- What is the name of an 18-wheel truck
- What is borrowed consumption in the economy
- Why is Singapore so successful
- Are you tired of the political news
- Why don't we print currency anymore