How to Define Knowledge-Based Economy
The information society is understood to be a phase in the development of a society in which more and more people are involved in the creation, distribution and evaluation of information and work in "information professions". These are professions in which 75 percent and more of the activities relate to the storage and / or the processing, retrieval, linking and evaluation of information.
The strong growth of the information professions did not begin in Germany until after the Second World War. Around half of the employees are now in information professions. The focus is on the production and use of information. In the meantime, every type of information has become an electronically storable and thus much better tradable good worldwide. Economic growth today is more and more knowledge-based.
In the opinion of some sociologists, the information society not only shifts the economic structure from industrial production to knowledge production, it also establishes a new culture in which speed is decisive (decreasing half-life of information). This culture is based on a constant flow of information that is disseminated through machines. It consists of a network with a large number of connection nodes that transmit information. One such modern network is the Internet, for example.
In this society, people are primarily shaped by systems and networks and less and less by personal experience. It is feared that personal social networks will be replaced by objectified information networks. Mobility and flexibility are among their characteristics; that is both an opportunity and a risk. In return, information and knowledge are democratized more than usual, i.e. available to more and more people. The prerequisite for this, however, is a nationwide supply of end devices and mastery of the use of the new information and communication technologies; otherwise the danger of a new split in society can arise. (Me)
- What surprised you to be in prison?
- What's wrong with climate change
- Makes meth women horny 2
- What are some rich foods
- How to warm up an omelette
- Can the music industry ever recover
- Why do I like to get bruises?
- What is the standard deduction of 40,000
- What kind of food do Bhutanese eat
- Are there Chinese Jews
- How do fashion trends affect youth?
- What is it that defines German culture?
- How exactly does the Indian economy work
- What is a flexible topping
- Barack Obama makes you happy
- Which is the best city in Egypt
- Why are my leg muscles so tense
- How should one behave properly in school?
- What is right to lie or lie
- Why are aphorisms evil
- Saudi Arabia will annex Qatar
- What are some examples of great code
- Most Argentines are white
- Why are LGBTQ people overrepresented everywhere