Is the iPhone 5s better than the iPhone 6
iPhone 6s (Plus), iPhone 6, and iPhone 5s in comparison: which model to buy?
As of today, Apple offers five iPhone models, each in several versions. The decision is difficult - or is it not? If you don't have an overview yet, take a look at our short comparison with video.
Read now: You can find out the strengths and weaknesses of the new iPhone generation in our iPhone 6s test and iPhone 6s Plus test.
As of today, the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are in stores - or in the Apple Store. Furthermore, the manufacturer sells the previous models iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, as well as the iPhone 5s. If you are new to the Apple world or have a very old smartphone from Cupertino, the question is: which iPhone should I take? An overview in the video:
iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 and iPhone 5s in comparison
Let us now compare the data of the current models:
|iPhone 6s||iPhone 6||iPhone 5s|
|Original year of publication||2015||2014||2013|
|height and weight||138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm; 143 grams||138.1 mm x 67 x 6.9 mm; 129 grams||123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm; 112 grams|
|Housing material and colors||Harder aluminum in space gray, silver, gold, rose gold||Aluminum in space gray, silver, gold||Aluminum in space gray, silver, gold|
|Waterproof, dustproof (IP67)||No||No||No|
|processor||A9 with 64-bit architecture plus integrated M9 for sensors||A8 with 64-bit architecture plus M8 for sensors||A7 with 64-bit architecture plus M7 for sensors|
|random access memory||2 GB||1 GB||1 GB|
|operating system||iOS 9||iOS 9||iOS 9|
|Storage space (Gigabytes)||16, 64 or 128 GB||16 or 64 GB||16 or 32 GB|
|Display size and number of pixels||4.7 inches; 1334x750 pixels||4.7 inches; 1334x750 pixels||4 inches; 1136x640 pixels|
|Display resolution (Pixel density)||326 ppi||326 ppi||326 ppi|
|Camera resolution||12 megapixels||8 megapixels||8 megapixels|
|Camera equipment||True Tone Flash, Image Stabilization, HDR; Slow motion 120 or 240 frames per second, Live Photos||True Tone Flash, Image Stabilization, Face Detection, HDR; Slow motion 120 or 240 frames per second.||True Tone Flash, Image Stabilization, Face Detection, HDR; Slow motion 120 frames per second|
|Max. Video resolution||3840 x 2160p (4K)||1080p (full HD)||1080p (full HD)|
|Front camera||5 megapixels, with display flash||1.2 megapixels||1.2 megapixels|
|Fingerprint sensor||yes (2nd generation)||Yes||Yes|
|Heart rate monitor||No||No||No|
|WiFi 802.11||a / b / g / n / ac||a / b / g / n / ac||a / b / g / n|
|NFC||yes, only for Apple Pay||yes, only for Apple Pay||No|
|Dock connector||Lightning connector||Lightning connector||Lightning connector|
|Battery power (Telephony / video playback / standby) according to the manufacturer||max. 14/11/250 hours||max. 14/11/250 hours||max. 10/10/250 hours|
|iPhone price without contract (RRP)||739/849/959 euros (depending on memory size)||629/739 euros (depending on memory size)||499/549 euros (depending on memory size)|
Regarding the plus models, it should be said: They correspond in most respects to the iPhone 6 / 6s, are only larger and each 110 euros more expensive than the corresponding smaller version. The relevant data and additional functions of the iPhone 6 Plus and 6s Plus:
- Size of the 6s Plus: 158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm; 192 grams
- Display: 5.5 inch screen diagonal, 1920 x 1080 pixels (401 ppi)
- Optical image stabilization for photos
- Only 6s: optical image stabilization for videos
- Battery life for telephony / video playback / standby: max. 24/14/384 hours
Conclusion: which iPhone should I buy?
We can already see from the table: The iPhone 5s can also keep up in terms of equipment! Sure, many components have been updated in the newer devices, but that doesn't harm the quality of the older model ...
The iPhone 6 (s) and 6 (s) Plus impress primarily with their larger display, but the other further developments are not to be despised either: Apple has been able to improve the image quality of the camera step by step, and the slow-motion function, which has also matured, is an impressive feature . The latest craze is 3D touch for more convenient operation. For more information, see our iPhone 6s test.
If you want to be on the cutting edge of technology, the optimum in performance and functions in the Apple area, choose the iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone 6s. But many are likely to be satisfied with the predecessors, which are now cheaper.
- iPhones in the Apple Store
- Pre-order the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus from Vodafone (depending on the contract, from 1 euro one-off payment)
- Pre-order the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus from Telekom * (depending on the contract, from € 9.95 one-off payment)
- Pre-order iPhone 6s and 6s Plus at o2 * (depending on the contract, from 29.95 euros one-time payment)
- Pre-order iPhone 6s and 6s Plus at o2 * (financing)
Quiz: Are You an iPhone Expert?
You don't want to miss any news about technology, games and pop culture? No current tests and guides? Then follow us on Facebook (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games) or Twitter (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games).
- Has someone stayed single all their life?
- Has a teacher ever destroyed your life
- Why are the 50s the new 30s
- Does laughing gas actually make you laugh
- Korean girls like Latino men
- What do farmers like
- Like American girls, Mexican men
- Why is heritage so important to people
- Why am I obsessed with being beautiful?
- Would you ever reopen Alcatraz Island?
- Hate rich people
- Muslims don't like Sikhs
- Horror films with a good intelligent story
- How fear destroys the human personality
- Will God save us all
- What do Australians drink for Christmas
- Which continent has the largest population
- What are your reasons for living in Japan
- What is the staple food of Israel
- What is the dress code at TCS
- Should I marry into a Jewish family
- Can I take the 12th board exam again?
- Can bobcats be pets
- Why should anarchy be so bad