Which cheese goes well with chicken?
Chicken breast cordon bleu style with grilled vegetables
The other day I had my nostalgic 5 minutes again. I pondered like this, thinking about the 70s, the decade when I was a kid. How it was back then, the thing with playing outside, the thing with the media (after all, there were already 3 TV programs back then) and the thing with the food.
• Directly to the recipe • Print out the recipe •
I wondered what was on our table so regularly and what was the absolute highlight for us children. I remembered that in the 70s, cordon bleu was very high on the food popularity list. And today, strangely enough, a bit has disappeared from the scene. At least mine.
CHICKEN BREAST CORDON BLEU ART - HOW I CAME IT
So I thought to myself, I would dedicate myself to this classic one time and put it on our menu. However, not with pork or veal schnitzel but with chicken breast fillet as chicken cordon bleu, so to speak. Filled with grated cheddar because my men and I think it's so delicious and it has good melting properties. But other varieties also fit very well. However, I did without the boiled ham. Why can't I tell you exactly, somehow I just wanted the pure cheese taste.
WITH OR WITHOUT HAM, A PLEASURE
Nevertheless, I will also fill the chicken breast with ham once, because that goes well together. Incidentally, I don't even know whether it is correct to call a cordon bleu cordon bleu if the cooked ham is missing in it. There are certainly highly official records of how and when a cordon bleu is an original cordon bleu at all.
Maybe there is even some kind of association of European cordon bleu recipes or something. Who knows, sometimes things are as complicated as anything else 😉.
VERY PRACTICAL - THE VEGETABLE SIDE IS INCLUDED WITH IT
Incidentally, the chicken breast is only sautéed briefly in the pan, then placed on the baking sheet and then put in the oven. This has the advantage that I can prepare my side dish right away on the baking sheet. I love them, these "all at once" dishes. For this recipe, I chose grilled vegetables, this time vine tomatoes, green asparagus and sweet potato. The cooking times also make it perfect, e.g. peppers, zucchini, carrots or shallots. I chose sweet potato because it also has the same cooking time and goes wonderfully with the grilled vegetables and the chicken breast cordon bleu. A meal that makes you happy.
By the way, if you want a sauce with the chicken cordon bleu, then I recommend you my lightning hollandaise, which tastes wonderfully delicious with the meal and goes extremely well with the grilled vegetables.
Chicken breast cordon bleu style with grilled vegetables
- 4 pieces of chicken breast fillets - approx. 125-150g each, preferably organic
- 80 g cheese, grated - e.g. Cheddar, Gouda, Emmentaler plus optionally ham
- 80 g breadcrumbs / breadcrumbs - preferably from the bakery
- 50 grams of flour
- 2 eggs - size M
- 400 g sweet potato - cut into sticks / fries, approx. 1 cm
- 250 g asparagus, green - wash, remove woody ends
- 200 g mini cherry vine tomatoes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, sea salt and pepper - for seasoning, seasoning
- Basil, fresh - for garnish
- Parmesan, grated - for serving
- Open the oven 180 degrees circulating air preheat.
- ThefourChicken breast fillest only goodsalt and pepper and then cut open the side so that a pocket forms.
- In each chicken breast You now fill the same amount of grated cheese (plus optionally diced ham) and press the Margins firmly.
- Then closes You with possibly with a toothpick the opening.NOTE: If you can close the opening well by pressing, breading may be possible without a toothpick, depending on the size of your opening (sometimes it doesn't work). If it works, you don't have to fumble out the toothpick later when you eat.
- Now you need your "Panierstrasse" out Flour, whisked Eggs and Breadcrumbs and breaded the Chicken breast fillets one after the other in it.
- In a very hugepan heat the olive oil and the Chicken breast fillets from both sides respectively 2.5 minutes Fry until golden brown. Turn off the hob / hob that Chicken brood fillets to a Baking sheet lay and the pan ready, the vegetables will be swirled in it.
- The asparagus wash and cut off the ends as well as the sweet potato peel and cut into approx. 1 cm wide pens(French fries) to cut.TIP: You can of course also use any other vegetable, the main thing is that it also takes about 20 minutes to cook, for example peppers, zucchini, carrots, onions.
- Then you put the vegetables in the existing onepan, swing it inGravy and season it with sea-salt. Possibly something else olive oil add.
- Now you distribute thatvegetables next to theChicken breast fillets on the baking sheet and put it on the middle rail For20 minutes in the preheated oven.NOTE: The vegetables should be crisp and the chicken should be fully cooked but still juicy (optimal core temperature 71 degrees)
- I wish you a Enjoy your meal!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
- How do I write a personal letter
- Why is tomato sauce sometimes too sweet?
- Who invented speaker technology
- Why does my wife pee in public
- Why are the most successful people successful
- China accepts refugees from the Middle East
- Which database is the best
- Is there a job website in China
- Is true wisdom to know that you don't know anything
- What is a useful tip for parents
- How did a bird change your life
- Where can I find LGBT + people online
- What is the best certification for quality assurance
- What do you know about spies
- What foods grow on trees
- How does the Chinese government stimulate consumption
- Is Mary the mother of Jesus dead
- What do Albanians think of Romanians
- How teenagers spend their time
- What kind of students do you teach
- What are the benefits of the company
- Does Allah exist 1
- What can a drug dog not smell
- Why is everyone obsessed with Trump