What are the advantages of social democracy
More advantages than disadvantages
Letter to the editor on the referendum Reform of old-age provision - The reform of old-age provision does not affect current retirees, but future ones. They are facing a deterioration in the 2nd pillar because the pension funds can no longer invest their assets as profitably as they were before the financial crisis. This loss is compensated by an improvement in the AHV pension. The future amount of the pensions together will therefore roughly correspond to the previous amount. This is of course not available for free, because the loss of income in the 2nd pillar must be offset by higher AHV income. The AHV collects the money from VAT and slightly higher wage deductions. The slogan “secure pensions” is precisely what these issues are. The adjustment of the women's retirement age to that of men is correct for fundamental equality considerations, but in view of the real still existing wage inequality it is doubtful. The toad can only be swallowed because the overall package also has improvements for women. This applies in particular to the improved position in the 2nd pillar, because now also lower incomes are insurable and thus pensionable. Another plus point for me is the improvement in the flexible retirement age, which also brings a clear advantage over the previous solution for lower wages. All in all, a compromise where the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. The no to this compromise does not come from the left or the center, but from the right. And we know what these groups are striving for: a worse, more expensive and more anti-social solution with a retirement age of 67.
Hans-Jürg Fehr, Schaffhausen
- Yes to the Covid law
- No to the anti-terror law
- Yes to the CO2 law
- Yes to the drinking water initiative
- Yes to the pesticide initiative
- Yes to the light pollution initiative
The corona pandemic has not only triggered an unprecedented health crisis in our country, but also a moral crisis. The way in which the pandemic has been dealt with so far does not reflect the basic values on which the Swiss state is based.
I support the protest with my signature:
- How do old people earn their living
- What are some small start-up ideas
- Unemployment is rising in the UK due to Brexit
- Why do Arabs want to Arabize Turks
- What is the best salad recipe
- What is the living situation like in Japan
- Instincts are always right
- How do you fillet a fish
- What are debt instruments
- What role does cultural heritage play
- What are the future prospects of DevOps
- Has anyone made money through crowdfunding?
- How did you learn SEO
- Why are animals so obsessed with food?
- Why do people skip breakfast
- Have you ever said something inappropriate by mistake?
- How is the distance measured in light years
- What is your school lunch like?
- Why is Fortnite so addicted to children
- Where does the term gas lighting come from?
- Why cheat fraudsters
- Is belief dangerous
- What is the latest digital technology
- What is the salary of the assistant director