Violence leads to more violence
Causes and Risk Factors for Violence
It is not possible to say exactly how violence develops. Upbringing and socialization deficits as well as societal, especially economic and social changes are discussed. In general, clear causes cannot be identified. Several factors always have to come together for a person to become violent.
Please click on the examples to learn more.
- Experience of domestic violence
Experiences of violence in the family are a direct risk factor for the development of violence. This applies both when the parents or other adults living in the family violently resolve their conflicts, as well as when the children themselves become victims of violence.
- Social disadvantage of the family
Serious social disadvantage of the family can encourage violence. The reduced chances of access to social participation and the associated low financial opportunities are offset by the increasing consumer needs of young people, for example for status symbols such as branded clothes, cell phones and other electronic "in" media.
- General development problems
General development problems such as developmental delays, partial performance disorders, insufficient emotional development, insufficient frustration tolerance, unsuccessful search for identity, negative group experiences, school failures, etc. can negatively affect the willingness to use violence.
- Bad prospects for the future
The individual chances of finding a place in society that offers material security and social recognition are impaired for many young people. Young people with a low level of education are particularly at risk.
- Disorientation in socialization
The parents' lack of or insufficient ability to bring up children also leads to a loss of values and disorientation among young people. If the setting of boundaries, control and reliability of parents or other legal guardians are only poorly developed, the risk of violent behavior by the children increases.
- Intensive media use
The increasing and increasingly brutal representation of violence in the media can lead to adolescents becoming used to violence. It also encourages some to engage in violence. Computer games in which the young people themselves exercise virtual violence without experiencing the real injury of the victims are rated as particularly dangerous. The risk of violent games occurs particularly when media use is extended over a period of time. (Research results on the connection between media consumption and violence are partly contradicting. What we know so far for certain also applies to the influence of the media: There must always be more than one risk factor for a young person to become ready or active.)
Drugs and violence
A causal connection between drug use and acts of violence has not been proven. To ensure that dealing with young people who use drugs does not end in conflicts, the VBG offers the CD-ROM "Drug Prevention in Training". There, appropriate behavioral strategies are shown and practiced using case studies.
based on: Ministry for Culture, Youth and Sport Baden-Württemberg and others. (Editor): Active Against Violence - A Reader. Stuttgart 2003 and Portmann, Rosemarie: Violence among children. Don Bosco Verlag Munich 2004
- Why cheat fraudsters
- How do I become a good beatboxer
- How did you set your hourly rate
- What is the richest city in Nigeria
- Where is your headquarters located?
- What do the Iranians think of Donald Trump
- Tanks fire incendiary projectiles
- Why is it bad to be a teenage mom
- What is a large penis size
- Men work hardest
- Are Indians hardworking
- What is the best university in Cincinnati
- What are Overrated Places in San Diego
- How powerful is Germany in the EU
- What are high paying HR jobs
- What exactly are traditional republican values
- Should I take over the family business
- How do I impress a Filipino girl
- What Makes You a Celebrated Freelancer
- Why was Ethiopia so important to Italy
- How should an entrepreneur invest 100,000
- How do I cure video game addiction
- What cameras are used for Hollywood movies
- How a cell phone is made