Is it a protest or a revolution
Far from revolution
The "Revolutionary May Day Demonstration" in Berlin has been a long way from revolution for many years. The fact that the alliance broadened its position on May 1st by including migrant groups was only to be welcomed. After all, there can be no class struggle without the participation of precariously employed migrant workers. Unfortunately, that didn't change the folkloric character of the event either. In fact, there was no need for a Myfest this year to pacify the protests; in large parts they were more like a run-of-the-mill folk festival than a political event. The fact that anti-Israel slogans were then also left unchallenged by the organizers may have deterred progressive forces. If the police hadn't let the demonstration escalate with their unnecessary intervention, the people would probably have just continued to slap semi-motivated through the streets, would have been happy to finally see their friends again while a few speeches are being made somewhere in the distance and in the front block "Intifada until victory" is called.
All of this has about as much to do with class struggle as this year's Fusion Festival has with holiday communism. If a political event degenerates into an end in itself, one should at some point consider doing something fundamentally different or abandoning it. The satire demonstration in Grunewald, which is enjoying increasing popularity, shows how it's done: Instead of drunks hungry for entertainment who crowd around lit rubbish bins, topics such as property and class relationships, the social question and expropriations are creative and intelligent carried into the masses. One does not have to limit oneself to bourgeois forms of protest, but if one's own work only serves to provide the executive with legitimation for one's own armament, this does not serve the class struggle, on the contrary.
nd journalism from the left thrives on the commitment of its readers
In view of the experience of the corona pandemic, we have decided to make our journalism permanently freely accessible on our website and thus make it available to everyone who is interested.
As with our print and epaper editions, every published article contains our work as an author, editor, technician or publisher. It is what makes this journalism possible.
Volunteer now with just a few clicks!
- What is British Colonialism
- How has Kollywood harmed society
- What is cultural ethnicity
- Are we the generation of social media
- Why should women get an education
- Is China an immigration country?
- How do you respect the elders
- Hotel managers are rich
- Is the death penalty an effective deterrent?
- How do you define a feminist
- Can the genotype change spontaneously
- Russia is dangerous today
- How is Jim Rogers personally?
- What makes a team dysfunctional and bad
- What are some well-known piano pieces
- What are some interesting recipes with lobster
- All men scratch their eggs
- Is NIBT a trustworthy construction management institute
- What is a suffix application
- Why do things smell of air
- What is a company registration certificate
- Is theology impractical
- What are baby boomers
- What is your horror story as a financial advisor
- What are TomTom Maps APIs
- What is the healthiest oatmeal for breakfast
- Is there backdoor vacancies in MNCs
- What is the best generation
- What is a complex character
- How expensive is life in Canada
- Where can I find my true soul mate
- People still carry cash
- Should I get a degree in forensics
- Singapore is experiencing a brain drain