How can someone with power become corrupt
The word 'corruption' comes from Latin and means 'corruption' or 'depravity'. There are different types of corruption, but they all have one thing in common: someone who is corrupt or bribed is abusing their power to gain an advantage. For example, politicians have the power to make decisions in their city or country. In doing so, they should be independent and pay attention to which decision is the best for the citizens. For example, if a politician is to decide which construction company can build a new school, he has to choose the company that works best and is also cheap.
But if the politician gives the contract to a certain building contractor because he gets great trips or other gifts from him, then one can say that the building contractor bought the politician's decision. The politician has used his power because he has not made independent decisions. He also gave the entrepreneur friend an advantage. And he himself could hope to be invited again on a trip, for example. This type of corruption is also known as the acceptance of benefits and, like all types of corruption, is prohibited in Germany. The person who tries to buy decisions is just as punishable as the person who is bought or bribed.
Corruption is dangerous for democracy
In some countries around the world, corruption is an everyday thing. Anyone who wants to get a job or a place at university, needs permission to build a house or just wants to be treated in a hospital, has to pay a bribe. That means he has to bribe those responsible with money. In a corrupt society, money rules. Rules and laws that ensure that everyone has the same rights no longer have any meaning. As a result, people lose confidence in politicians, the police or the courts.
Status: 23.03.2010, 10:15
- Eating cheetah snakes
- Are people interested in getting popular?
- How to cook seafood
- Will I ever be a millionaire
- When is the best time to have lunch?
- How am I supposed to stay positive all day
- What are different types of tunnels
- Who invented the angles
- Why do some people hide their depression
- Have you ever canceled Christmas
- How has technology changed the dating scene
- Which city should I live in Australia
- What does Que dalle mean in French?
- Are there too many foreigners in France?
- How long do cloth diapers last
- Has a non-Muslim ever read the Koran?
- What are the best Pakistani street foods
- What is beautiful Bali
- What's the worst part about cooking
- What are the basics of scholarship writing
- What is it like to visit Bulgaria
- How often do couples quarrel
- Which two words describe love?
- Can India defeat the US?