Can American Bully eat homemade food
Cooking dog food yourself: great recipes for four-legged friends
When it comes to food for pets, Liviana Prola knows her way around: the Italian veterinarian who researches and teaches at the University of Turin specializes in nutritional science. Whether dog, cat or iguana: Prola knows the connections between nutrition, behavior and health. That's why she wrote a cookbook especially for dogs. Here are some of the recipes your four-legged friends will love to try out.
also read: Dog food in the test: Almost a third of the products only "poor"
Recipe for dogs: lamb and cod with egg
With a balanced dog diet, fish is of course also on the menu. Cod makes this recipe a special treat and, in addition to the eggs, provides plenty of protein. Pumpkin seeds provide the four-legged friend with sufficient zinc and magnesium - this is good for the skin, fur and muscles.
That's how it's done: Put the cod in a steamer or in a colander that is hung in a well-covered pot of boiling water. Steam for eight to ten minutes, until the fish is cooked through. Let cool and cut finely. Fry the lamb in a grill pan without fat, taking care not to let it brown. Let cool and cut finely. Mix the cut meat and fish. Add the salmon oil, spirulina and ground pumpkin seeds. Shape the entire mixture into dumplings. Cook the carrots with the peas. Cook the eggs until soft so that the egg white is firm and the yolk is liquid. Add the pine nuts to the peas and carrots, then add some nutritional supplements and mix in the corn oil. Peel the eggs and place on a layer of vegetables with the dumplings in the bowl.
That is needed for one kilogram: 180 g cod (cut into small pieces), 105 g lamb, 1 tbsp salmon oil, 1 tbsp / 18 g spirulina powder, 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds (roasted and ground), 250 g carrots (diced), 180 g peas, 190 g eggs, 3 tbsp / 18 g pine nuts, 1 tbsp corn oil.
Weight of dog and amount of food: 5 kg: 280 g, 10 kg: 475 g, 15 kg: 640 g, 20 kg: 790 g, 30 kg: 1.1 kg, 40 kg: 1.34 kg.
Recipe for dogs: oatmeal with turkey and potatoes
Much like humans, poor nutrition can cause problems in dogs too. If you cook the food yourself, you can not only prevent it, but also cure it. This cereal dish, for example, helps with constipation, because the mixed in spelled, oat or millet flakes provide the dog with plenty of fiber.
That's how it's done: Cook the oat flakes in plenty of water for at least five minutes longer than specified, until they are very soft. Drain most of the water until it is a pulp. Let cool down. Sear the turkey breast in a grill pan without fat, taking care not to let it brown (add a little water if necessary). Let cool, finely chop and add to the oat flakes. Put the potatoes in a steamer or in a sieve that is hung in a well-covered pot of boiling water. Simmer for ten minutes until cooked. Let cool and mash with the kefir. Add the oil and some food supplement to the oat flakes and turkey and feed with the kefir potatoes.
variant: Barley flakes can be used instead of oat flakes.
That is needed for one kilogram
- What jobs are depressing
- What will happen to Venezuela
- How do I get a foreign friend
- Should you get married or live alone
- Who were the kings of Karnataka
- How educated is the British royal family
- Does masturbation affect our digestive system?
- Are people from India black
- What is the best care for children
- Is Japan really advanced?
- How do managers resolve employee conflicts
- Can an orthotist diagnose rheumatoid arthritis
- What is the theory behind bluegrass
- How will the Pataleshwar temple be
- How should I critically analyze the Keynesian economy
- What is the most expensive gift
- When does the Home Loan EMI begin
- What are the best Redmi 7A alternatives
- Has your child kicked a teacher
- What are some of the scariest documentaries
- What is your sexual fetish
- How can you personally help the government?
- Was Steve Jobs ever mean to you
- Which is the largest desert