What is the total population of Australia
The first traces of settlement in Australia are around 120,000 years old. At that time only Aborigines, the indigenous people, populated the continent. Europeans did not settle there until much later. European settlement began in 1788. 1788 was also the year in which the city of Sydney (4.5 million inhabitants) was founded. The capital of Australia is the planned city of Canberra (350,000 inhabitants), located somewhat inland.
Australia has a total population of around 22 million people. However, the total population density is just 2.7 inhabitants per km². Although Australia is over 21 times larger than Germany in terms of area, the country has only a quarter of Germany's population.
The cities as a crowd puller
The southeast coast is the most densely populated region on the continent. The cities of Sydney, Brisbane (1.8 million inhabitants), Newcastle and Melbourne (3.6 million inhabitants) are also located there. This means that three of the largest cities in Australia are located on the south-east coast. In the metropolitan area, the population density is 10 to 100 inhabitants per kmÂ². In the entire southeast and on the east coast there are predominantly 1 to 10 inhabitants per kmÂ². This area covers the area between the city of Adelaide on the south coast and Cairns in the northeast. There is only a similarly high population density on the southwest coast. There the population is concentrated in the cities of Perth (1.5 million inhabitants) and the smaller city of Albany with less than 100,000 inhabitants.
Big continent, few inhabitants
On the rest of the continent, the population density is less than 1 inhabitant per km². This means that a large part of the country's area is almost uninhabited. There are only a few settlements there, in particular due to the low annual rainfall and extensive arid areas (deserts). The only major cities are Alice Springs in the center of the country and Mount Isa in the northeast.
Thus, the settlement is limited to the coastal regions, where most of the large cities can be found. For this reason, one speaks of a high degree of urbanization (degree of urbanization) in Australia.
- What's the worst russian food to try
- How do drugs harm society?
- Why should the success of a life career be important
- Are you disappointed in yourself?
- Do Asians ever get tired of rice
- Which country has the highest labor productivity
- Will China's economy continue to boom?
- Which is more difficult Fortnite or PUBG
- Can you prove the discrimination against employment candidates?
- What skin color do the Turks have
- Why are suitcases so expensive
- What is the most Slavic at all
- What kind of things does the weather affect
- How well you can manipulate people
- What is the hypothesis of the linguistic theory of relativity
- Poor vision is seen as a disability
- Can humans and animals make babies?
- Is Eve a Christian name
- Why are Tamils hated by other Indians
- Why do Americans prefer suburbs to urbanization?
- What did the ancient Egyptians look like?
- What is the extreme happiness in life
- Why should CA students fail
- What do Canadians think of American food?