Judges are civil servants
Judge salary: What is the "salary" of a judge?
The remuneration of judges is calculated, as with public prosecutors, according to the salary order R and the grades R1 to R10. Responsibility for the salaries of civil servants and judges of the federal states was transferred to the federal states in 2006 with the reform of federalism. The Federal Salary Act continues to apply to federal officials, judges and public prosecutors.
The basic salary of the judge is determined by the grade of the office awarded to him (Annex III of the BBesG).
Which position falls into which salary group is stipulated in the federal salary regulations and in the respective state salary regulations. Judges at the district, labor and regional court belong to group R 1 according to the state salary law of Baden-Württemberg (LBesGBW), for example, judges at the finance court, higher regional court or administrative court belong to group R 2. In R 3, presiding judges at the state labor, state social or Finance court. As president of the local, financial or regional court, one is entitled to a salary of up to R 6 in Baden-Württemberg, whereby the respective number of judge posts decides on the exact grouping. Members of group R 6 are paid here with more than 9,500 euros per month.
The presidents of the highest courts in Germany in group R 10 have a gross salary of over 14,000 euros.
Judge pay according to judge's office
The state of Baden-Wuerttemberg serves as an example to clarify the judge's salary at the state level (as of 2020):
- What is the difference between knitting and crocheting
- How and why does history repeat itself
- What triggers you every day
- How good are boarding schools
- What are relationship problems
- What do the Chinese think of Iran
- Feminists believe that men bully women
- What are the health benefits of bananas
- What is most commonly served in Australia
- Why doesn't Saudi allow dual citizenship?
- Why is inclusive education bad
- How do I apply window stickers
- What does an anesthesiologist do
- Will real estate prices rise after Brexit?
- Why should you go away
- Should I be worried about smelly urine
- Who cleans the White House
- Chinese novels are available
- How much is HR paid
- Boys love to spoon
- Are your bullies successful in life now
- What is the difference between bullying and harassment?
- What is Allah's IQ
- How to start exporting agricultural products