What is IT recruiting
SMEsSuccessfully recruiting IT specialists
Small and medium-sized companies often work with advertisements in recruiting. But that doesn't work when looking for qualified IT specialists. The demand for IT specialists is greater than the supply. In the following you can read what successful recruiting in the IT sector looks like, which low-budget strategies small and medium-sized companies should use and which steps lead to success.
Low-budget recruiting is based on headhunters
In the IT sector in particular, good specialists are rare. That is why many companies hire recruiting agencies and headhunters. This service is associated with high costs and is therefore less suitable for smaller companies with a low budget. In this case, it helps to take a closer look at the headhunter's strategies and try to carry out the work steps of an IT recruiter yourself. This includes finding a strategy at the beginning and considering where the potential workers can be found:
- IT specialists are often in permanent employment. Therefore, consider: What are the reasons for the potential employee to quit their current job in order to start a new job? Good employer branding of your company can provide reasons for it.
- If a lot of work experience is not your top priority, career fairs and other industry events as well as cooperation with educational institutions are an alternative.
The following steps are promising for recruiters and companies in their search for IT specialists:
Tip 1: develop employer branding
Create attractive framework conditions so that the highly sought-after IT staff choose your company. Develop a plan for how you want to approach potential workers and how you want your company to be perceived by them. This includes a clearly defined self-image - the image of the company. Even with small companies, the following aspects should definitely play a role:
- Environmental protection and energy management
- Working atmosphere
- Behavior, rules and rituals
- Communication between departments and with managers
- Organizational form and processes
- Company structure: the trend is towards agile companies
- Benefits such as work-life balance and bonus payments
Please note: Employer branding is not just about formulations that are carried outwards, but also about implementing and living these values in the company.
Tip 2: offer benefits
In the IT world, some company benefits are almost standard. So take a closer look at the trends in the industry. What do IT specialists expect besides the company's internal values? A few food for thought:
- Salary: A salary adapted to the qualification should be a requirement. Salary transparency is also valued by many employees.
- Health: True to the motto "Sitting is the new smoking", you should protect your employees from illness. For example, an ergonomic workplace prevents long-term damage to the musculoskeletal system. Computer glasses, fruit and flexible working hours also have a positive effect on health.
- Material: IT specialists often need company cell phones and laptops. Provide good and new equipment for daily work. No IT specialist can or wants to work with a slow device.
- Additional services such as offers for further training, family-friendliness, flexible working hours with the option to work from home, a canteen or meal vouchers increase the chances of finding good employees.
Tip 3: create a requirement profile
In many small businesses, recruiting is a matter for management or a single person. This is an essential difference to medium-sized and large companies, which usually have their own HR department for this. For this reason, a good basis must be created and the situation on the labor market analyzed before the actual recruiting process.
In order to clarify the required applicant profile in the company, a conventional job advertisement is suitable - even if it is never placed because you will not carry out the recruiting with traditional job boards. Nevertheless, you should create a job advertisement, as this gives you and those involved in the process a precise overview of the qualifications, requirements and work tasks you are looking for and can clarify further questions, for example about the date of hiring, the working hours or the place of work.
Tip 4: Set up a career area on the website
Even if the budget does not come close to that of corporations: An up-to-date website with a career area is also essential for small and medium-sized companies. So you can not only advertise jobs, but at the same time communicate more of the work in your company to the outside world. Whether it's your values or your products - potential professionals will definitely take a look at your website. Because the company philosophy, the way of working and the products or services must match the employee.
Take a look at the websites of your direct competitors and improve the content and graphics of your website. This is how you stand out and stand out. Nobody wants to work in a company with a run-of-the-mill website these days.
Tip 5: use marketing strategies
The harder it is to find skilled workers, the more creative you have to get. That is why the marketing department is activated sooner or later in many companies. For small companies this means: a graphic preparation for the recruiting is necessary.
This content is not only suitable for your own website, it can also be distributed via social media. This can range from a simple post for Instagram with the words “We are hiring” in the corporate design to an advertising film or employee interview on YouTube & Co.: Almost anything is allowed when recruiting employees.
Tip 6: use social media for recruiting
Use social media. Most networks allow you to promote posts to increase reach. So if you are looking for IT specialists, you can try advertising on LinkedIn or Xing. Important when recruiting in social media: Find the right channel for your target group and tailor the content precisely to them.
Active sourcing is also very popular: users are selected on LinkedIn or Xing and written to directly and personally.
Tip 7: Analyze and reflect on the recruiting process
The analysis of the recruiting data is important for small and micro businesses. It shows which measures work and which do not. Recruiting is a process. This recruiting process must be continuously revised and reflected on. So you can get started right away the next time you search for employees, without wasting time and money.
Checklist for successfully recruiting IT specialists
- Use the strategies of the headhunters.
- Create a good basis for recruiting: formulate qualifications, requirements and work tasks.
- Analyze the situation on the labor market: where do you find workers?
- Pay attention to good employer branding.
- Offer attractive benefits.
- Pay attention to an authentic and competitive online presence: website and social media channels.
- Use marketing strategies: use graphics, advertising films, etc.
- Analyze, reflect on and improve recruiting processes on an ongoing basis.
- Which actor has the best smile
- Why do you have to practice scales
- What is the largest city in Florida
- How can I create a personal blog
- Which Asian country accepts black people more?
- Who is more evil men or women
- Are Chinese women submissive to their husbands?
- Why is Pervez Musharraf convicted of treason
- DNA can grow old
- What is the Daily Construction Progress Report
- What are some of the best kept prison secrets
- Why do people point their fingers
- Country names are always capitalized in English
- Xinjiang becomes predominantly Han Chinese
- How far to the right is Donald J Trump
- What is meant by proof of employment
- What's your wildest experience in Calcutta
- What are the lifestyles of the Indian tribes
- Fortnite loses the number of active players
- Barack Obama makes you happy
- Can we do a GPU per CPU
- Is there really a shortage of engineers
- Karatbars would be a good investment
- What starts a bad relationship
- How does education help in society
- Is trigonometry ever useful in real life?
- Can social media help overcome shyness?
- Was Donald Trump ever deported?
- Why should we help a person in need?
- In which countries is NEBOSH recognized
- What is QA QC in mechanical engineering
- Like white men, Hispanic girls
- Are you tired of the political news