What do economists think of income taxes?
Respect for the hard work of the citizens - Therefore: lower taxes
Respect for the diligence of the citizens
Income tax is the most important source of income among taxes for the state. It finances a third of the German budget. In 2016, taxpayers paid almost 239 billion euros in wage tax and assessed income tax * to the tax office.
The tax revenue increases from year to year to new record levels: The state benefits from the good economic development and the high number of employees. The income is now well above the expenditure. Last year the state achieved a surplus of almost 24 billion euros - more than ever since reunification. One of the largest items of income was income tax.
With the coffers full, there is no need to raise taxes. Rather, there is scope for tax cuts without jeopardizing the financing of the central tasks of the state. The middle class in particular has been confronted with an increasing tax burden in recent years - on the one hand, because taxes in the progressive tax tariff rise faster than incomes in the event of income increases, and on the other hand because the tax tariff is not adequately adjusted to inflation.
As a result of this development, hard work is less and less worthwhile. The legislature is asked to provide targeted relief to ensure that the citizens have more of their income. Respect for the diligence of the citizens.
* Part of the income tax that is determined by the tax office on the income tax return of the taxpayer
- Why is English considered an international language
- Why are problems occurring
- What are the negative effects of urbanization
- How can I create a personal blog
- Singapore is experiencing a real estate bubble
- What are Pisces love predictions for 2020
- The way the world thinks is changing
- Why does life exist 4
- Why is everyone corrupted these days
- Cool guys cry
- What causes a cyclone
- What if you are missing everything
- What is the MVVM design pattern
- Japanese futons are comfortable
- How much money do accountants make
- Am i gay 5
- How can i flex my biceps
- What family is means and stands for it
- What makes ENT so special
- When will the British pound recover?
- How do teachers deal with angry students
- How high should a stair post be
- Is there a career in architecture
- Directors can provide loans to the company