What does Walmart pay for
Walmart responds to criticism: $ 9 more than the minimum wage
Düsseldorf The US giant Walmart wants to increase its wages. As of April, employees should receive at least nine US dollars per hour, and from February 2016 it should be as much as ten US dollars. The world's largest retailer is responding to criticism.
According to Walmart, the 500,000 employees will receive the higher wages within the first half of 2014. The company wrote that in a message. So far, the supermarket chain pays the minimum wage of 8.25 euros per hour. "These changes will give our employees the opportunity to receive higher wages and advance their careers," said Walmart CEO Doug McMillon, according to the statement. You strive for a sustainable concept, says McMillon.
The trading giant from Bentonville, Arkansas remains unchallenged at the top. The company had a gigantic $ 443.85 billion in sales in 2012 - with a profit of $ 15.7 billion. The group employs more than two million people worldwide.
Source: own research.
For years, critics have complained that Walmart pays too low wages. Last year, the Group's employees even went on strike on the busiest day of the year, known as “Black Friday”. At that time, they demanded, among other things, higher wages and better working conditions. Walmart also came under fire when it was discovered that an Ohio store was asking employees to donate groceries for other Walmart employees.
Walmart employs approximately 1.3 million people in the United States and operates 4,400 stores. In the third quarter of 2014, Walmart had sales of $ 118.1 billion and profits were $ 3.7 billion.
- Ingesting antioxidants has improved your health
- How do I make EPF complaints
- East Germans are the better Germans
- What kind of men love women
- How do I find a launch accelerator
- What are some examples of detergents
- How does a jealous person behave
- Will Donald Trump remove democracy in America?
- Will turmeric stain my skin
- How was the Suez Canal built
- Are the Iranians free to leave Iran?
- Which would really help an ENTP
- Should I buy a used iPhone?
- Why am I not getting any social notices
- Can fart owls
- Have you ever spat in someone's face?
- What are the strongest arguments against religion
- What is a working woman
- Can anyone use algorithmic trading
- How difficult is the Chinese education
- What does CC stand for in attributions
- Smells copper
- Will the currency ever be digitized 100?
- Why countries forbid PUBG