Will eating green cabbage increase my IQ?
Eten and drink hell, Liev and Seel tohop
Eating and drinking keep body and soul together. Country air makes you hungry, go on the trail of the culinary specialties in Worpswede and in the Teufelsmoor!
Anyone who previously wanted to survive the harsh living conditions in the moor had to strengthen themselves properly. Buckwheat pancakes were usually served when you had them, with smoked bacon and apple compote. "Knipp" (Bregenwurst; nowadays without Bregen!) With fried potatoes and cucumber was a step up and the moor roast with pepper sauce, boiled potatoes and beans became a feast. In winter the hearty kale is served with “Pinkel” (Grützwurst) and Kasseler, and in spring it is the season for fresh asparagus from the surrounding area.
Try it out, enjoy charming hospitality in traditional inns and attractive restaurants! A regional specialty are the “hut restaurants” along the Hamme river: Hammehütte, Melchers-Hütte and Tietjens Hütte. They mark historical stations where the peat boatmen once stopped to declare their freight, get provisions and take a break with food and drink.
Whether it's a restaurant or a small coffee temple, a rustic farm café or Melkhus at the farmer's, let the Teufelsmoor melt on your tongue! When the sun is shining, you can sit comfortably on the sun terrace by the water, in the shade of old deciduous trees or surrounded by historical architecture. The menu ranges from regionally down-to-earth with home-made delicacies to gourmet experiences for gourmets who love international cuisine.
We wish everyone a good appetite!
- Why do people like Mountain Dew
- Which doctors have to work night shifts?
- Does China feel closer to the Vietnamese?
- What is stress defined as
- When do successful people wake up
- Is brunch like lunch
- What is the best global economic system
- How do libraries make money
- How important is Kerala to India
- How devout the Iranians are to Islam
- What do Australians think of Toni Collette?
- Did you have your favorite meal today?
- What did Lyanna whisper to Ned Stark
- Prophet Muhammad was born a Hindu
- True love can brave old age
- Chinese people read science journalism
- Which countries have immigration programs?
- What is participation
- Where should I buy land in Texas?
- How do I get civil projects
- What is social justice in politics
- Which places would employ 15-year-olds
- How do millennials ruin the workforce
- Why is population density important