What's good about Hyderabad
IndiaCorona numbers are falling - experts warn against too few tests
For the first time in almost a month, fewer than 300,000 new infections with the coronavirus have been registered in one day in India.
In total, there were 281,000 new corona cases and a good 4,100 deaths in connection with Covid-19 in the past 24 hours, according to the Ministry of Health. In absolute and officially recorded figures, India is second most affected by Corona after the USA. Experts assume that the number of unreported cases is much higher because too little is tested. The World Health Organization also points out that the positive rate of tests in India is high, at 20 percent. In addition, the virus encounters an overwhelmed health system.
The coronavirus is currently spreading increasingly in rural areas, where there are few test options and more than half of the more than 1.3 billion inhabitants live.
Further articles on the coronavirus
We have created a news blog. In view of the large amount of information, this provides an overview of the most important current developments.
+ Covid-19: Current figures on the coronavirus in Germany (as of May 17)
+ Openings: These relaxations apply to vaccinated and convalescent people (as of May 10th)
+ New entry regulations: For whom the quarantine is no longer applicable - and what is necessary for it (as of May 13th)
+ "Green Certificate": This is how vaccinated people will travel in the EU in the future (as of May 13th)
Test and protection
+ Covid-19 vaccines: when is a booster vaccination against the coronavirus necessary? (As of May 16)
+ Vaccines: When children could also be vaccinated (as of May 13th)
+ Vaccinations: Should pregnant women be vaccinated against the coronavirus? (As of May 3rd)
+ Vaccines: What the release of patents is about (as of May 8th)
+ Vaccinations: What is known about the side effects of vaccines (as of May 13th)
+ Vaccine: higher risk of thrombosis with vector vaccines? (As of April 14th)
Contagion and Transmission
+ Virus variant: How dangerous is the Indian mutation (status: 11.5.)
+ Travel warning: The current list of risk areas (as of May 15)
The DLF news can also be found on Twitter at: @DLFNachrichten.
This message was broadcast on May 17th, 2021 on Deutschlandfunk.
- Can you show me a picture
- What are the benefits of inflation 1
- Do you love your hometown
- How can I recover from excessive masturbation?
- Hydrogen water is best for human consumption
- How do people see China in Taiwan
- I will only feminize with estrogen
- Why did you leave the music industry
- What is the controversy surrounding SNSD
- Why should someone choose to be homophobic?
- Why can't people handle failure
- What makes Italian food so good
- Elderly people should be allowed to vote
- What is it like to work at NPCI
- How does someone have a flashback
- What are the 10 effects of deforestation
- What can interfere with the GPS tracking devices
- How do non-ISTPs feel about ISTPs
- Hate Indians Sri Lanka
- How does God work in our life?
- How are India's relations with its neighbors
- Why is he feeling me
- What is bone to bone connective tissue
- How can I compliment someone