How can we stop corruption
According to TI, corruption has global causes and corruption by high-ranking politicians and officials in poor countries therefore has an international dimension. Bribes, often come from multinational corporations based in the richest countries in the world. The Siemens group is accused of having paid around 10 million euros in bribes to members of the Nigerian government in the years 2001-2004. According to TI, Nigeria is one of the 35 most corrupt in the world.
At the same time, sluggish administrative systems, poor pay and, above all, a lack of transparency in many countries create the breeding ground for corruption.
In Peru, it can take as much as 289 days to legally set up a small business. The official approval process for building a house can take six years. To get a title deed for a piece of land, you have to go to a government agency 28 times. Bribes are becoming a common means of speeding up sluggish administrative systems or even getting the often underpaid civil servants to do their duties in the first place.
Governments that prevent freedom of expression and the freedom of the press, such as Zimbabwe, for example, or tolerate the concentration of media power in the hands of individual politicians, as in Honduras or Italy, further encourage corruption.
- Which city is better to live in
- Are narcissists ever interested in this?
- Does the red pill work
- Are Chinese girls friendly
- What makes ENT so special
- Have chicken feelings
- How should I approach girls
- Who is the lost generation in Australia
- Prison Are there any last meals?
- Who has better sex men or women
- Was Steve Jobs ever mean to you
- Can you sleep off a cold
- How useful is tarot reading
- What is your most memorable learning experience
- Are sociopaths mentally ill
- Are voluntary retirement schemes beneficial?
- Why isn't complaining sweet?
- What do you like to watch most
- What are the strangest things people hoard
- May the Chinese democracy and freedom
- What do Americans spend money on
- What Are Some Consequences Of Abusive Parents
- What causes the Nigerian culture of cheating
- How is the night life in Botswana