High school is like middle school
Student exchange USA: The US high school compared to the school in Germany
Anyone who goes to the US for a year on a student exchange program goes to a high school there. For German students the question arises: How does high school differ from school in Germany? One can compare the high school with the schools in Germany from different points of view.
The grade levels: the formal structure of the high school
In the US, the last few years before the high school diploma are called high school. Depending on the structure of the school career in the respective state, this is different: This can be the last four years, i.e. grades 9 to 12. In schools with the division into senior and junior high school, the high school includes grades 7 to 12 so also our intermediate level.
The Graduation of High School: The High School Diploma
At the end of high school there is a high school diploma, which is an essential requirement for studying in the USA. Since the colleges and universities set their own entry requirements, the high school diploma alone is usually not enough to start your studies. Entrance tests are then also required for this.
The high school in comparison with the school in Germany
High schools in the USA are comprehensive schools with a wide range of student performance. State high schools usually do not achieve the same level of performance as good schools in Germany. This also explains why a high school diploma alone does not directly entitle you to study in Germany.
What makes high schools in the USA attractive to German students?
The high schools in the USA are famous for their "spirit". This is based on the fact that students, teachers and families identify with their school in a very special way. An important aspect is sport and the sport teams that represent the school in competitions with other schools.
The year abroad at a high school in the USA
The most important thing is to experience the culture and the school spirit. The school in Germany is usually more technically demanding. Therefore, it makes no sense to graduate in the USA if you want to study in Germany.
- Why do married couples want to separate
- How are Turks treated in Germany
- France has traditional French clothing
- Why is Silicon Valley incredibly productive
- How can blockchain improve supply chains
- Which is better Google Maps or OsmAnd
- Why is Japan so overcrowded
- How do I track the Walmart money transfer
- What is a knowledge economy
- What does the slang cooter mean
- How do I use ERP software
- What seems easy is very difficult
- What is the local currency of Kyrgyzstan
- Can my baby smell me
- Who can bring a lawsuit for abuse of the elderly?
- Have trypophobia
- Muslim men are allowed to have dreadlocks
- What are the effects of the repo rate
- What is pride
- How to boil kettle water
- What is the scope of building construction
- How do I make my penis fair
- Are bread and egg preserved foods
- What are the best campsites near Vancouver
- Is dream11 real and safe
- How is the salivary gland blocked
- What are the eating habits in Indonesia
- Singapore today is a harmonious society
- What makes Juuling addicting?
- High school relationships are a bad idea
- What are the disadvantages of visiting Germany
- Which ELP album is your favorite?
- Judges are civil servants
- What's good about Mississauga Ontario Canada