What are some Saudi Arabian foods
Food safety in Saudi Arabia
Brief description of the project
Description: Food safety in Saudi Arabia
Client: Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA)
Financier: Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA)
Country: Saudi Arabia
Lead executing agency: Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA)
Total duration: February 2009 - January 2012
Concern for the quality and safety of food and medicines arouses the interest of the government and the public in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Saudi Arabian Food and Drug Authority (SFDA), established in 2003, has the task of establishing structures for monitoring food safety and applying them throughout the country. GIZ supports the work of the SFDA with German expertise.
The SFDA strives to ensure the quality of food and pharmaceuticals at a high level and tries to exert its influence not only nationally, but also in the Gulf region.
During a first trip by German experts to Riyadh, GTZ (now GIZ) and SFDA decided in March 2007 that the development of safety measures in the food sector should be given high priority. In particular, the entry gates for food at national borders and the international accreditation of SFDA laboratories were on the agenda of the planned initiatives.
GIZ advises the SFDA primarily on setting up the following structures:
- a modern organizational and process structure for food monitoring
- high-quality laboratories for the analysis of food and medicines, accredited by international authorities
- an active development of regulations and standards by the SFDA
The following specific services are provided by GIZ:
- Consulting services based on experience from already implemented projects with new EU member states
- Recruitment and support of German experts from relevant German authorities (BVL, BfR, BfArM, etc.)
- Conception of an efficient organizational structure with transparent work processes at the border posts in the country
- Training of employees of the SFDA and related authorities in Germany
- Establishment of a training facility in Saudi Arabia
- Can Africa introduce a cashless economy?
- Considered paranormal as scifi or fantasy
- Does Santa Claus have enemies
- People change 2
- When do friends become family?
- What is the best project management site
- Are rum and whiskey considered a seasonal choice
- Are fruit smoothies actually healthy?
- The RAF only has a few aircraft
- How is a Moroccan breakfast
- What government job has a pension
- At what age are women most beautiful
- What is UL 2272 Certification
- How can we protect environmental awareness
- What was the longest battle of World War II
- Why is Islam sexist for women
- What keeps a train on its tracks
- What should teachers never do
- What starts a bad relationship
- Where is the rickety bridge in London
- Can I apply for EB1C with an H1B visa
- How can I visit Poland from Nigeria
- Is it safe to visit Egypt
- Are orcs and goblins really the same