Why does my earlobe smell
That's why our earrings stink!
Beautiful earrings that match the respective outfit are a popular accessory for many women. More and more men have their earlobes pierced or stretched and they wear jewelry in their ear holes. However, it often happens that the studs of the earrings smell unpleasant after wearing them. You can find out what the reason is here.
More about this: Ear piercing in children: yes or no?
What is causing the smell?
Have you often found grayish deposits on your earrings and wondered what exactly that should be?
- So-called ear cheese is a mixture of bacteria made up of dead cells, sebum and remains of cosmetic products.
- This gray-green paste collects in the ear holes and then settles on our jewelry.
- But don't panic, the production of this "cheese" is not a cause for concern. Our body has to form new cells on a regular basis, leaving the old ones on the surface of the skin.
- In principle, anyone can be affected by this phenomenon, but the smell is more common, especially with freshly pierced earrings. The body produces extra cells until it gets used to the new wound.
- Elderly people, or people who wear certain earrings permanently, can also be affected by this phenomenon.
More about this: Health risk from piercing?
Tips for ear hygiene
The appearance of the grayish paste and the smell is very unpleasant for many people. To avoid this in the future, you should pay attention to the following things:
- Remove your earrings:If the grayish paste has formed again on your ear hole, then you should take out your earrings and let your ears "breathe deeply". If you've freshly made your holes, don't remove your jewelry until you've asked a professional.
- Clean your earrings:Clean your earrings with a little soap. Make sure that you use mild washing gels, as not all materials tolerate aggressive lotions or soaps.
- Ear lobes are also brushed:If your ear hole and the earlobe are swollen or irritated, it is best to use a mild and antibacterial soap. Attention:Excessive hygiene is no solution here either! This easily irritates the skin and makes the condition worse.
- Bacteria lurk everywhere:But not only your ears should be clean, but also your scarves and bed linen. There are usually many bacteria lurking in them, which then settle in the ear holes. Regular washing can be used for prevention.
More on this: Piercing: 5 common questions
Selma Tahirović, BA
- What is absolute superiority
- Which factors are taken into account when concreting
- What are examples of human behavior
- Why should you buy a donut
- What options are available to ethical hackers
- How does it work to invest in another company
- What is it worth to share Pakistani startups
- What do Europeans like most about America?
- What is Boudinwurst made of
- America is becoming more racist
- Is Pakistan really a bad country
- How did you overcome your storm of life
- What is a perfume made of?
- Nursing homes are a highly regulated business
- How to become a Yelp Elite
- Why do employees leave their organization
- Americans trust foreign currencies
- New Zealand has rainforests
- Can humans and animals make babies?
- How's Star Trek Online
- When did Islam begin
- How does DKNY Parfuem smell
- Is Hong Kong the new Tibet
- How can I buy a domain name
- How would you describe Indonesian cuisine
- What do Czechs think of Chinese tourists?
- What year was the Millennium Bridge built
- What are the effects of a gender imbalance
- How does Vietnam communicate
- Public debt affects private investments
- How should I travel in the UK
- Why is the 1922 committee so named