How different are China and Japan
What are the differences between Japan and China?
Tired of hearing mindless people think that Japan and China are the same? In this article I am going to explain the big differences between Japan and China.
This is a very complex subject, both are completely different countries. And yet, in the 21st century, people have the courage to say that Japan and China are the same or the same.
The same thing happens when it comes to language, appearance, culture and cuisine. This is completely wrong, it is like a comparison between a man and a woman, both are human, but they are completely different.
Japan has had a lot of influence from China throughout its history, many things being Japanese and influences from China, so it is reasonable to note some similarities, but currently the two countries are completely different from each other.
In this article, we are going to analyze some key points of each country so that people stop making these confusions and stupid statements. I remember my specialty is Japan. I'm sorry if I'm not too deep in China.
Differences Between Life in Japan and China
Both countries are influenced by Buddhism, but Shinto also predominates in Japan. In China, in addition to Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism also predominate. Unfortunately, freedom of religion is limited in China and some are prohibited from practicing their beliefs in that country.
Both countries are currently world powers, but China still pursues extremist policies based almost on the slavery of its residents and discrimination against women and foreigners. Of course we cannot generalize.
Many Chinese live in a precarious and poor situation and receive low wages, although China is the largest economic power in the world and also the largest population in the world.
China is a dictatorial and totalitarian communist state. In addition, there is a limitation and control over what people do or access the internet. In Japan you have all the freedoms that you don't have in China.
Ö Japan is a developed country, democratic and capitalist, human rights are respected there, you have all religious, economic and social freedoms. Japan has a constitutional monarchy in which the emperor is above the government but has limited power.
The quality of life in Japan is far superior to that in China, which is also heavily polluted due to its large industry. Of course, both countries have their advantages and disadvantages. You may need to consider what you want with each of them.
Differences between Japanese and Chinese
Although Japanese uses traditional Chinese ideograms, the two are completely different languages. Japanese is a syllable language that consists of just over 100 syllables and one writing 46 simple kana alphabet.
Chinese consists only of ideograms and is a tonal language, a word can change with a simple tone. To learn more, check out our other article, About the Differences Between Chinese and Japanese Languages, click here.
China isn't the only country that speaks Chinese. Several other countries in Asia speak this language such as Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and Singapore. In China, he speaks multiple languages and dialects such as Mandarin, Wu, Cantonese, etc.
Have you heard of the boring joke Brazilians make with Asians? Flango pastries? This joke only works with Chinese because there is no phoneme "L" in the Japanese language, just as there is no "R" in Chinese.
Differences between Japanese and Chinese cuisine
Much of the Japanese cuisine came from China. things like sushi, Ramen, Gyoza, nikuman and some other dishes and snacks that we know by the Japanese name in Brazil are actually of Chinese origin.
In Japan, insects and dogs are not eaten. "This is part of the culture" China and other countries in Asia. It should be remembered that this is part of Chinese traditions, culture and living conditions.
The fact that a city in China consumes dogs does not mean that it is a main dish of the kitchen. In Brazil we eat rabbits and other questionable animals, but that doesn't mean these animals represent Brazilian cuisine.
Japan doesn't miss out on these delicacies either, they even have horse meat sushi and some seafood dishes a little scary. Nevertheless, there are rare delicacies that do not belong to the standard kitchen.
Both countries usually eat rice, pasta, meat, pizza, sandwiches and some other common dishes like in Brazil. Although sushi and some other dishes are of Chinese origin, they are increasingly popular in Japan.
Those who have the misconception that in Asia they only eat raw fish will be disappointed. Eating sushi in Japan is like eating pizza in Brazil. Are you wondering, do you eat pizza every day?
Other differences between China and Japan
To conclude, I would like to mention some obvious differences that need to be mentioned:
- China is on the Asian continent, while Japan is an archipelago.
- Contrary to what some people think, Japan celebrates the Western New Year, not the Chinese New Year. But without fireworks;
- The Chinese name you usually have only one syllable. The Japanese usually have about three syllables and end in a vowel;
- Many other countries in Asia have been influenced in their culture and development by China, such as Korea;
- The Japanese have a longer face, rounder and larger eyes than the Chinese;
- The Japanese are more shy and have a strict code of ethics, mostly professional and respectful of social etiquette.
If you are interested in learning more about Japanese culture, here is everything you need to know about Japan. XD
See our related articles
- What is the negative effect of tourism
- Is silt soil suitable for cultivation
- What do teacher pets get away with?
- What does Starbucks training include
- Most of the self-employed are unemployed
- What Makes You a Celebrated Freelancer
- Do Big 4 offers industrial training
- What is life like after failure
- How important is money in a family
- Why is blockbuster still popular in Mexico
- What is preventing people from retiring
- Where can I plan my Christmas party
- How do you hope
- How rich and how poor is China
- What do you know about your ancestors
- How many apples grow on a tree
- Have racists encouraged themselves under Donald Trump
- Why are people leaving us
- Meghan Markle has a healthy image
- Is the prison more dangerous than the prison?
- French men are good for life
- Why do most beautiful girls stay single
- Really loved Daenerys Jorah
- Indian girls prefer bareback sex
- What screams I'm Nigerian
- How much does the iPhone 5 cost
- What do Americans think of Mexicans?
- Which Fogg perfume is the best
- Why are simple things difficult to do
- How can you entertain old people
- What are some good bakeries in Portland
- Which ICO does master node offer
- What jobs do you admire
- The healthcare industry is growing