What do ENT doctors find intimidating about INFPs
If the child has to go to hospital: What to watch out for
If a baby has to go to the children's clinic, it is not easy for his parents. The child himself suffers from the unfamiliar environment and the strange people there. Even older children often cannot cope with hospitalization. You can find out here how you can make this easier for your offspring and what rights you have as a parent.
Before going to the clinic
Must be your child operated on or does it need a inpatient treatment, report with your baby to the clinic admission at the scheduled time. A nurse will help you with the admission formalities and then take you and your child to a medical examination. The doctor on duty will then tell you how to proceed.
The clinic you choose should be either one Children's clinicor at least have a children's ward with baby-friendly equipment. And as close as possible to your place of residence. In addition, if your child needs special treatment, doctors must provide sufficient information Experience have in this area. Families who need a medical before going to the hospital Second opinion should definitely do so.
In addition, it is important to prepare the child for their placement in the clinic. You must have one Clinic bag Pack for children and those necessary for treatment Documents and documentskeep ready. If you are in the hospital with your child, you will of course also need a bag with your own belongings.
If you use the following checklist, you can save yourself time and effort.
Baby has to go to the hospital: what do I have to take with me?
If you have a baby, please pack:
- Diapers (if you prefer a certain brand)
- long and short-sleeved shirts
- Toiletry bag with washing and toothbrushing supplies
- Baby care products (if your child needs special products)
- the baby's favorite cuddly toy
Among those needed in the hospital documents belong:
- Letter from the referring doctor
- Allergy certificate (if your child is allergic)
- yellow children's medical examination booklet / health care booklet
- Medical documents on examinations that have already been carried out (X-rays, doctor's letters)
- Package insert for medication taken in the past
- Information about special foods or eating habits that are required
The clinic bag for older children
In case you take a toddler to the hospital and wonder What do I have to take with me?, please put the following things in hand:
- Toiletry bag with washing utensils, toothbrushes, shampoo, hairbrush, comb, hair clips
- several T-shirts with long and short sleeves
- comfortable pants / jogging suit
In addition, there are the medical documents mentioned above. If your child is older, you can pack the bag with them.
What you need for your hospitalization with a child
If you are allowed to sleep in your child's room, in addition to shower and toothbrush utensils, underwear, nightwear, comfortable clothes and slippers, you will also need money, handkerchiefs, notepad and pens, some reading and small snacks to strengthen your nerves. You can get everything else from the hospital kiosk. Another extensive one You can find the checklist here.
How to prepare your child for the hospital
Briefingsgoing to the hospital is emotionally stressful for children and relatives. Even if the operation Saves lives or the little patient has already been treated in the clinic several times. Experience has shown that children are afraid of it Pain, uncomfortable therapies and one new environment. The temporary separation of mother, father and siblings is also a problem for them. Some children are particularly scared because a loved one is in the hospital deceased is. How they react to an upcoming hospital stay also depends on how old they are.
Children under the age of five are mentally incapable of having one context between her illness and the upcoming admission. Older children understand why it is necessary. However, they are troubled by the separation of their mother and father. It is perceived as particularly bad when you have to forego the security of your home for the first time. It is therefore advisable to prepare the little patient psychologically for this a few weeks before the admission appointment.
The following tips can help you with this.
- Take a look together with your child picture books on the subject of babies in the hospital. Use simple words to explain to them what they don't understand. If you are not familiar with such books, paediatricians can give you some book titles. Tell your child Why it comes to the hospital. Otherwise, they'll think that you no longer love them or want to punish them for wrongdoing.
- Have you a Doctor's case, you can show him how it will be treated in the near future. If you give his teddy bear an injection, you can explain the "pricks" to him and thus take away his fear of injections. It is important that you answer all of his questions honestly. Under no circumstances should you ignore the subject of pain and possible scars after the operation, as your child will mistrust you later.
- Take the needs and fears Of your offspring seriously. And let him know that you have him in the hospital with your love will accompany. And that the nurses, too, are sad children in the hospital cheer up.
- A good way to familiarize your child with the unfamiliar premises is a short one Visit to the hospital beforehand. So it has a clearer idea of what to expect. Please describe to him what doctors and nurses will do with him later. Then the clinic staff no longer perceive it as intimidating.
- Tell him there are visiting hours for family and friends. So it knows that you will not leave it alone for long.
- Give to your child Objects with which it will remind it of you and its home (some plush toys, photos of your family). And the favorite cuddly toy as a toy for your child in the hospital.
Tips on how to make your child's stay in the hospital easier
- There is no option in the chosen hospital, than Companion To be taken in with the child, please visit them as often as possible. And strictly adhere to what you promise your child. Let him know well in advance when you will be leaving and when you will come back. This will give him a sense of security.
- If the little patient resists medical treatment, do not scold him. Please don't threaten him either. Calmly explain to him that the unpleasantness will soon be over and that you will stay with him.
- Under no circumstances should you speak to a doctor about your child's health if they can listen to you. Because if it feels left out, it increases its distrust of doctors and you as parents.
- Make sure siblings, friends and classmates can call your child. That helps him with his situation mentally better to cope with.
- Teach your child small gifts With.
- Play with your baby as often as possible. Older children enjoy the stories told. And about news from the family.
- So that your child does not get too many visitors at once, it is advisable to draw up a visit plan.
Child in the hospital: why it is important to have a companion
If your child has to be treated as an inpatient in the hospital, an attendant is required. Parents who look after their sick baby or child in the hospital are considered to be accompanying persons. And relatives accompanying a disabled person.
Health insurance pays the costs for the accompaniment, because their presence ensures the application of medically necessary services. If you cannot be accepted as an accompanying person, there is the option of having the daily travel costs to the children's clinic reimbursed by the health insurance company. All you need is one written confirmation from the doctor on duty.
Visiting child in hospital
If the hospital cannot accommodate you overnight, you should at least try to keep your child visit often. Because parents do not have to adhere to visiting hours in most children's clinics, you can stay with your child from morning to evening. And have the opportunity to keep your child busy with games in the hospital. So that communication with the children in the hospital works well, other relatives can also come to visit. However, you have to adhere to the regular visiting hours.
If your child needs special treatment or surgery, you will need to take them to a hospital, which may be further away from your home. If you have other children who would not be cared for at home during visiting hours, you should agree with the clinic that they will also be cared for there (Clinic kindergarten).
Hospitalization with child and sick leave: legal issues
If your child is too young to stay alone in the hospital overnight, or if he or she has a physical or mental disability, it is advisable to contact yourself take with you allow. This is how you can comfort your child when he or she is crying or having bad dreams. Children's clinics that Rooming-in then usually set up an additional bed in the hospital room. This is the case in particularly well-equipped hospitals Overnight accommodation available anyway. They have special mother and father-child rooms.
The statutory health insurance companies take if there is a medical need for the accompanying person Additional costs. It is medically necessary that the mother or father be taken along with babies and children up to nine years of age, in the event of special illnesses and emergencies. For children with disabilities there is no age limit. You can find out from what age children have to stay alone in the hospital from your statutory health insurance. Because this is where the providers differ from each other. If it is necessary to take part, you will receive a written confirmation from the responsible hospital doctor.
So that mothers and fathers can take over part of the care of their child in the hospital, employers are obliged to have the caring parent to be released professionally. That is ten days per child, parent and year. If you have several children, they are yours 25 days maximum paid leave annually. As a single parent, you are entitled to 20 days a year for one child, and a maximum of 50 days for several children. It is important that you get a medical certificate on the first day of illness (Sick leave) and inform your employer of your absence from work.
But please have a look at yours beforehand employment contract. Because the right to paid time off after Section 616 BGB can be excluded by a special employment contract or collective bargaining agreement. If you have no entitlement or if your paid leave of absence has already been exhausted, you can do so § 45 SGB V a right to unpaid leave. Are you a member of a statutory health insurance company and you have Entitlement to sick pay, pays this to you as a replacement for the lost wages Child sickness benefit. To apply, you need a certificate from the pediatrician stating the length of your child's stay in hospital. If you have other children who are no longer than 12 years old and who would be alone at home during the hospital stay, the health insurance company will cover the costs for one Home help.
Children's clinics: all about hospitals for young patients
If children need to be hospitalized, it is best to find a special hospital for children. Here we explain everything parents need to know.Continue reading
Anesthesia in children
Small patients need special care. An anesthetic is sometimes unavoidable. You can find out more here.Continue reading
Briefing and appointments in the hospital
We explain how it worksContinue reading
Hygiene in the hospital
What exactly do the hygiene standards in hospitals include and what does this mean for patients?Continue reading
Do you have to go to the hospital soon? We have all the important information for you!
We explain everything you need to know about the appointment and your stay in the hospital.
- legal issues
and many other useful guides can be found here.
From the briefing to the establishment of contact: we explain how you can easily and quickly get to the appointment at the appropriate hospital.Continue reading
Is an annoying roommate enough? Or must there be more valid reasons? We clarify.Continue reading
It happens again and again that patients are rejected by doctors and hospitals. When exactly this is allowed and when not, we explain here.Continue reading
In this section you will find useful and interesting information about your stay in the hospital: information about hygiene, additional payments from health insurance companies and many other topics.Continue reading
Here we report on various treatment options, interventions and forms of therapy that are used to heal diseases.Continue reading
Which department in the hospital is responsible for treating your illness? We will show you detailed information about all specialist departments that can be found in the hospital and which diseases are treated there.Continue reading
- How beautiful was the Prophet Muhammad
- Narcissists hate being ignored
- Chinese people read traditional Chinese characters
- How is Jim Rogers personally?
- How to hire funded startups
- When is mold dangerous?
- What are the worst paying medical specialties
- Does mobile payment really drive retailer sales?
- Where can I buy building security devices
- Can someone become a cop
- Did President Eisenhower support the McCarthy hearings?
- Do you prefer breakfast, lunch or dinner
- What are the uses of food trucks
- What does inflation and deflation mean
- What distinguishes western culture
- Canadians are rich
- Bloomberg is necessary for investment
- How can you manage the sunset with dementia
- What is the best New Zealand history book
- What are the opportunities in the field of psychology
- What nutritional disorder do I have
- Is vegetarian food available in Brazil
- What are the best Swabian German foods
- How do I become a bureaucrat